Chapter Seventy Three

Today was the official first day of the polo competition between over a dozen schools, as all of us practiced for months on end to be ready for today. Over the past two months all of us had been spending every waking moment being at the polo field which was part of the reason players were told to talk to their partners if they were in a relationship because I did expect people with be making sure they were spending what time they could on their horse.

Thornbrook had never lost a game in the past thirty years, and I wanted to keep that streak going as this would be the third decade win if we beat who we were put against it would be over and we all would be celebrating just a few weeks before the end of the year.

It would also be the perfect ride out from here to secure the thirtieth win on Thornbrook's belt just to have it go on.

However that also meant Harvard for me, and I knew Scarlett wouldn't be going to Harvard, she wasn't also sure about going to Yale which had offered her a place. She tried to get into Harvard the traditional way without exposing that she was from a powerful family, and was put on the waiting list which meant I'd be waiting through the summer to find out if she was going with me, but so far Yale had been fully willing to let her join so she had two options.

I had told her several times that in the end it wouldn't matter because on the weekends I would come visit her as often as I could, so even if she went to a different university I wouldn't be upset.

As I parked my Bentley in the lot I slipped out of the car and pushed the door shut before locking it and walking off towards the field where we were setting up early morning.

It would take all day to play and win but that was what I was prepared to do, I was willing to push hard for it. All kinds of people were showing up too from parents to school members however this was a strictly formal gathering and everyone had to pay for seating. Those of us playing had a different privilage.

My parents weren't difficult to spot when they arrived either. An entire Mercedes motorcade pulled into the parking lot, and car doors opened before a bunch of suit wearing bodyguards got out ready for their four hour shift here as they would be cycling today, they could watch the game however meaning at least they'd never get bored.

My parents however pulled into the parking lot in my dad's Maybach and I watched both of them dressed in business casual get out of the car with Elijah standing by for them.

I loved how even though today was the start of the third quarter they took the time out of their days to come and see my polo game.

Walking over to them I saw the small smile on my dads face as he and my mom walked to me with their arms linked.

"Nervous for today?" My dad asks.

"Kinda but you can't tell me that you weren't when you were standing next to this field" I say and now it's my mom who was smiling looking amused about me calling out my dad.

"I was, though I made a lot of pressure for myself, so view it as just another day of practice you'll be more relaxed, also most of these teams follow handbooks, Thornbrook never does, and that's because we adapt our strategy to be different but efficient each year" my dad says.

"Noted" I say before seeing my teammates start arriving like we were Manchester United not Thornbrook's Polo team.

Millionaire heirs were just different.

Several people who left Thornbrook signed contracts to play which meant from this many of my peers were going to become some of the youngest multi million dollar players in the world.

"I have to go get ready" I say and they just smile as I walked off to go put on my uniform and get Zeno ready.

Getting to the underground stable I walking by the line dedicated to my team. Along the back of the field was a pathway that connected all of the stables for all of the players however that was also because of the loading area and the numbered stables for the teams.