Chapter Fifty Two

Scarlett Louviere

I had become aquainted to many things about Nathan like the fact that from investment alone he was a billionaire at eighteen. Or that he had a collection of cars and boats, hated lies, he could read a room, he was one of the most charming people I'd ever met.

I had been more well aquainted with treatment that the Winters Family worked with a facadé to not have people come after them. They were a fiercely dedicated family and put each other above all the things they had aquired. It made their family slogan make sense because of the duality of it.

Currently Nathan had convinced me to take a trip with him to a home he had recently bought in Hudson in upstate New York.

We had both woken up early and gotten ready along with packed bags for the weekend trip.

He had been talking about how he wanted a weekend away from the boys where we could just be in each others company so this was his excuse, by only telling Lucian the day of so he wouldn't get worried.

"So where is this home exactly and what should I expect?" I ask looking over at him as he took a sip from his Starbucks cup.

"The house is ten thousand square feet set on a two acre lot surrounded by forest, with beach front access, and a dock to a small selection of boats though its February and that lake will be frozen but by the end of the month it'll start melting. The house is a bit similar to my penthouse, just it has a lot more wood, I wanted it to feel like a cabin, instead of a lake estate".

"I bet it's beautiful" I say as he turns on the blinker and the Wraith changes lanes almost flawlessly.

How can a car drive so smooth.

The world may shit talk the Winters Family for all their money, and the many things over the years that they have been linked to, but they all had class and style.

"I'm going to have to save up my allowance to get me a Rolls" I remark.

"Why do you say that?" Nathan asks looking over from the driver seat underneath his dark grey hood.

"These are really smooth driving, I might like my Ferrari's but they are more for fun and classy events, I could easily see myself daily driving this" I reply.

"If you want to spend three quarters of a million dollars on a car go for it".

"Yeah but red doesn't suit Rolls Royce cars, at least in my opinion".

"What about white yes its a popular colour but so is the black that I drive".

"Him and her's vibes, that what we're going for here".

"Why not" he shrugs.

"I'm going to have to trade in cars because I agree with single tone for vehicles, and all of yours are black, I'll be a conformist for once".

He laughs lightly with a small smile playing at his lips.

"One of the few times Scarlett Louviere is going to back away from staying true to her original choice" Nathan teases and I roll my eyes before looking out the window.

"Dick".

He then just smirks in only the way he could, in such an infuriating way yet also ridiculously attractive.

After a few more minutes Nathan slows and turns into the treeline ten feet before we were met by an eight foot gate, with a cobblestone wall with concrete pavers on top of it.

Rolling down the window he reached out of the window and pressed his thimb to the scanner which beeped and a green light travelled across the top of it which in tune opened the gate.