Chapter Seventy Eight

Nathanial Winters

The next morning I went to roll over unable to move only to find Scarlett cuddling against me her hair slightly messy yet she looked angelic in the morning sunlight.

Reaching over I moved the strands of hair only to be met by her chocolate brown eyes and a small smile.

"Good morning Scarlett" I muse as she shifts closer to me.

"Good morning lovey" she replies.

"How do you feel after yesterday night?" I ask rearranging her hair.

"Happy, and nervous because that was my first time".

"I know it was, and you have no need to be nervous, we just learn together" I say with a smile.

"Thank you for not freaking out about the blood on your sheets" Scarlett says flushing lightly.

"No need to get worked up about it, girls get periods and bleed, also from this experience it happens when they lose their virginity though that could just be circumstantial and not fact" I say knowing better then to act like an expert on such things when I wasn't a gynecologist.

"I ruined your sheets though".

"That's why we got off and we both washed off after, I also changed the sheets throwing the others out you don't have to worry" I say and she nods.

"Better have replaced them, I don't want to sleep on my own blood" Scarlett says before I glance at my phone.

"It's eight, and the boys will want to do something, but I don't really feel like going anywhere" I sigh rolling onto my back before Scarlett shifts to be lying semi on top of me.

"Then we don't go anywhere" she replies and I sigh.

"Yeah I doubt it will be that simple" I admit, "they are pretty ruthless when it comes to the word no they just don't really like it though they live spontaneously".

Scarlett smiled softly staring back at me.

"Yes but that's what makes them so fun to be around" she says, and I hum back though she wasn't wrong they had a certain charm because they were idiots.

"What do you want to do today?" Scarlett asks and I turn my head back to look at her.

"I have to go see my parents to check up on Abigail, and to see if we can find out what happened when her car was hit, then I would like to just go straight to the Maldives for summer" I reply.

"The Maldives are pretty, I think the only time I went I was five or six" Scarlett says.

"You said you hadn't really travelled outside of France" I muse giving her a soft yet inquisitive smile, as I looked at her almost as if I could peel away the layers that divided people from others minds to find answers.

"Yes that I vividly remember, I was kid the memory is spotty meaning I get to make new memories with you" she says cuddling closer to me.

"I suppose that's true, however I should probably get out of bed, and start my day so I can go see my sister, she has her first weekly check up today" I say getting out of bed and staring back at Scarlett who pulled the blankets closer to her for warmth.

Crossing the room to the bathroom I entered the room and undressed before solely washing my hair as it would be the only thing that would be dirty.

I knew I was also stalling for time of leaving the house because I knew my dad's investigators had been on the case for finding out who had hit Abigail though we all knew deep down it was Carrick and Levi.