Chapter Seventy Nine

They were bold and we all knew that. They were also armed and dangerous and I could tell that my dad was anticipating that as the living room of the Skoteino was covered in guns and bullets, in fact the whole boat had all of it's incredibly expensive equipment online with over forty PPO's in swat gear and holding assault rifles pacing the deck.

But this was Adrian Winters, and if anyone had ever messed with his family hell itself would bow to him praying for mercy.

Crossing the wooden decking of the boat we got onto one of the Bell 525 helicopters and they rose up carrying us off towards some tall skyscraper where we would be breaching Levi De'Vincent's penthouse that my dad had uncovered was bought through a false name and a lot of money. The seller was arrested already and soon police would be arriving to do the same with both De'Vincent's.

The only difference was that they would get handed over to us because all of the officers knew that at the end of the day criminals go missing all the time on planes and transfers only to be found dead in rivers or back alleys.

The plan wasn't to kill them it was to simply make them go to prison with horror stories.

Landing on top of the roof Elijah hopped out of the helicopter and loaded a gun before handing it to my dad.

"Mr. Winters" he says and with zero hesitation he pulls the hammer.

"Nathan if you don't want to do this you don't have to, I simply just want to know why these fucking bastards hurt my daughter" my dad says glacially and I know im facing the side of my father everyone feared, the one none of his children saw and I had a feeling it was for good reason.

We just heard the stories and it made us both honour him, and make sure we did what he said. Though he had told us some of the differences and looking back he had made sure to do the opposite of many of the things his own dad did.

One was his willingness to do anything for his family, and it was personified in this moment.

"NYPD will be here in fifteen minutes we have to move quickly" Elijah says.

"Breach" I call and my dad looks at me as I take my own rifle and load it.

"I warned him of what would happen if he hurt my sister" I say before following the eight fully armoured PPO's into the fire exit and watched as they sneakily wirehacked the keypad before all of us slipped into the dark penthouse as light escaped the living room over our faces.

"Split" my dad whispers before giving hand signals to get them to separate.

He then moved towards the living room where we were met with a twenty foot ceiling and a full open front window that led out onto a low balcony overlooking the city.

The living room however had both Carrick and Levi sitting with guns already drawn and loaded.

"Gas niv" my dad whispers and I mentally thanked my choice to learn other languages whilst in Europe especially since WGI had so many business ventures there.

Two cannisters rolled out of the shadows and smoke filled the room before crimson lasers came out and two darts followed hitting both in the leg and within the time it took both of them to wince and let out a shocked curse they fell to their knees.

"Levi and Carrick, how wonderful to see you both" my dad says as we walked out to see them both lying with their guns still in their hands but they were slowly losing feeling.

"Don't touch that, I will put a bullet in both your wrists" I seethe calmly pulling the hammer and aiming it casually at Levi's wrist.

"Go fuck yourself Nathan" Levi says.