Chapter Forty Six

Nathanial Winters

Pulling into Paris I glanced over at Scarlett who was practically an angelic distraction in the passenger seat of the car. Any person who has a stunningly beautiful girlfriend knows this struggle.

So I did the next best thing I played music loudly from my speakers which was technically a distraction but I didn't fucking care at all so oh well.

Getting to the restaurant I slowed and parked by the curb before looking at Scarlett.

"Stay here" I say sliding out of the car and walking around to the passenger side in the swirling snow before pulling open Scarlett's door and sticking out my hand.

"Tells me to stay here only to be a gentlemen".

"Winters family charm, we're filled with it as an older family".

Scarlett then rolls her eyes before taking my hand and letting me help her out of the car.

"So where is Yana?" she asks before spotting the white Mercedes Benz CLS63 that pulled to the curb.

"Right there" I muse glancing at my girlfriend.

The door then opened and black curly hair could immediately be seen fastened into a specific style by a golden hair clip.

Yana had the habit of wearing colour with gold which always somehow seemed like it fit despite my dislike of the colour she pulled it off.

As expected she was dressed in a dark green pull over, leather pants which I didn't even know she owned, and a almost silver, grey, and white sheer neck scarf.

"Is that who I think it is?" Yana asks a smile appearing across her lips as she walked over to us.

"Yana meet my girlfriend Scarlett Louviere, though she tells me you two used to go to school together" I say.

"Yes we did, did you burn down Louis Lyceé like you threatened to?" Yana asks.

"I didn't know I was dating a delinquent" I muse and Scarlett just smiles.

"Yes well, you're the toned down son of New Yorks devil it seems fitting that we'd be together" Scarlett counters.

Humming I just shrug my eyebrows and go back to looking at Yana who wore an amused expression.

"What's so funny?" I pry narrowing my eyes slightly.

"Nothing, you two are just interesting to watch" she says dropping her car key into the designer purse she carried.

"Didn't you book a reservation?" she adds looking at her phone before that too was dropped into the purse.

"Yes, and we should go check in for it" I say turning and leading Scarlett into the restaurant which was filled with dark tones, and dimmly lit feeling very sophisticated and formal which was matched by the aroma of spices and perfumes in the air.

"Bonjour bienvenue avez-vous une réservation?" the waiter asks meeting my eyes.

"La réservation se fait sous le nom de famille Winters" I reply and he nods before leading us off towards a table that I had specifically chosen.

Once seated we all scanned the menu and ordered our drinks before sitting back to talk amongst ourselves.

"So what has changed this past year?" Yana starts.

"Scarlett you first" I say folding my sleeves to my elbows and intersecting my fingers diagonally as I listened to the two girls converse.

"So after you left I finally started to try and be a good student, but well I ended up compensating for both of us and then I met Marcel and shit sort of hit the fan so when I found out he cheated on me, so I ended it in a very public fashion, then as a way to not have my dad find out that my boyfriend cheated we moved to New York which coincidentally brought my parents a business deal with Winters Group International" Scarlett begins before looking at me as if to say 'you're telling the rest of the story'.