Chapter Seven

Scarlett Louviere

It was the middle of the night and I had barely fallen asleep when rain began to fall pitter pattering against the large double paned windows.

Across the lawn I could see the large house that the Winters Family called home.

I was so used to Parisian townhouses. and homes no larger then the one that I currently was in yet I was now exposed to a new level of wealth.

The world knew very little about the Winters Family but it was very clear that it was for good reason.

It also made sense to me why people wished to get close to them so often. Along with why there was a very long list of falls associated with people trying to use the Winters Family name for their own benefit.

You're now in the house of their son.

I wasn't nervous about it though I enjoyed that we were comfortable that tonight didn't have an argument just our teasing bickering.

We got along for once which wasn't always the case but I could tell he was trying and had meant his apology.

Sliding to the side of the bed I stood pulling the shirt I wore down, I then walked to the window crossing my arms over my chest staring out wondering what it must have been like growing up here.

I understood that he was the eldest and that likely meant he had to be the most mature yet my mind wandered back to earlier before we had both gone to bed.

It was almost like Nathan could see through the perception that I gave to everyone and I couldn't have that happen, unfortunately I don't think I have much of a choice.

His eyes were obviously a natural pull for people stormy grey with emerald flecks and gold ring around his pupil.

I almost got lost staring at him the first time and I couldn't do that it's why I used humour to distract him.

After a while I heard something outside my door which sounded like footsteps until they were gone having gone towards the kitchen.

Maybe he couldn't sleep either.

Ignoring it I walked back to bed and lay back down deciding that if I could just focus on breathing I'd fall asleep.

After about ten minutes I felt my eyes close and from there everything else faded to black.

<><><>

The next morning I woke up stretching and looking around realizing it wasn't my room before shooting up which was when my brain remembered I was in the guest room of Nathan's home.

Slipping out of bed I folded the blanket and walked into the wooden and marble bathroom.

Everything seemed so homey even though the modern expensive look was clear to see.

After showering I walked out wrapped in a towel before realizing I had nothing to wear.

Oh shit.

Then a knock came from the door and it opened a crack.

"Scarlett, I'm not going to come in but your mom stopped by this morning dropping off some clothes for you" Nathan says setting a neat stack of clothes next to the nightstand on my side of the door.

"I'll tell her thanks" I say as he shut the door and left me to get dressed.

When I came out I had styled my hair and done my best with what was in the bathroom to look nice. Along with dressing in a burgundy pullover black leggings and lastly some simply makeup that had been between the sweater and leggings.