Chapter Sixty

Scarlett Louviere

I walked downstairs and into the lobby of my home where both my parents stood having wanted to see how I looked before going out with friends. I was dressed in a long sleeved maroon dress that fell to just below my knees and had a pleated design to make the bottom look like a shirt, along with golden jewelry, and black Louboutin heels.

Pushing off the doorframe my dad straightened before I heard the revving of an engine and he turned to peek out the window before whistling.

"Where does he get all this money?".

"Winters Family heir dad" I say before I hear a knock and walk over to open the door before being met by Nathan dressed as if he was already the most powerful figure in New York. He wore black plaid stitched seamless trousers, a white dress shirt that was half buttoned and I didn't fail to notice the Ulysse Nardin Classico on his wrist. 

"You look breathtaking Scarlett, I also thought you might like these" he says handing me a bouquet of roses that matched my dress, and I mildly wondered how he managed to do such things.

"Merci" I say taking them and Eve rushed over to take the bundle of half a dozen roses.

"Six the number of love" she whispers as she carried them away and I turnt to look at Nathan who wore his typical charmingly confident smile.

"You really are an expert at this" I remark.

"Just good at being creative".

"Oh and by the way you look quite handsome" I say with a small coy smile.

Though handsome doesn't cover it.

"You wouldn't be dating me if I wasn't" he teasingly quips and I hear my dad snort before covering his mouth, and attempting to keep a straight face while my mom just plainly smiled refusing to hide the amusement on her face.

I'm sure they both love that the person I'm dating can outsmart me on a whim.

"No I'd be dating you regardless because of who you are, also we should get going" I press and he takes the hint.

"Right you are the car is unlocked I want to talk to your parents for a moment" he says pulling the key from his pocket and handing me the key to his DB11 and pulled the door open before getting in the passenger seat.

A few minutes later Nathan walked over to the car and slipped into the driver seat before starting the engine and driving off.

"What did you want to talk to my parents about?" I ask as he left the gate and sped off to take us back to New York City.

"The Portofino trip, I asked them if they minded you taking the whole round trip with me, which would include staying at the house there" Nathan says looking over at me before turning and getting onto the main highway that headed West along Long Island.

"And?" I ask though I had a feeling I knew the answer.

"As long as we sleep in separate rooms, and you message them each night you can. Which is fair you are across the ocean where they couldn't protect you".

"That's why you are there to reassure them, also I could kick someone's ass just as well as you could".

Nathan just laughs before turning up the music and tapping on the steering wheel as he did well above the speed limit towards the dinner reservation for all of us since it had been Theo who set it for seven.

The weird thing was that I trusted his driving more then I did my own, whether that was that he'd driven longer, or that he was more then capable of handling a vehicle at pretty much any speed I didn't know but I definitely felt safe here in the passenger seat as he lip synced the words.