Chapter Forty Nine

Weeks passed after talking to my dad, with the news and school gossip being the only way anyone knew anything about the pursuit of Carrick De'Vincent, though the lastname still hadn't been truly revealled either because no one was willing to admit that this high value target by several international security organizations was in fact a former billionaire who made a bad business deal with one of the largest in the world.

Standing in my kitchen I quickly pulled together a breakfast of granola blueberries, and milk while playing the news on my TV which was currently following the recent update about the search. They were calling it an International Manhunt when he couldn't actually leave the country and even I knew that so why they didn't just ban travel in France, encourage curfew, and slightly stronger policing in surrounding zones, along with using the endless camera system in and around Paris.

Even my dad had willing admitted on TV the other day to saying he would donate as much money for funding that the Police in both the city and state needed as he'd done it before, and the one story about my mom and dad when around my age comes back to me.

I had never been given a full explaination of how my dad had a gun, or how him and his friends could find the kidnappers before the actual police, I had also gone back to that news report about the night my dad carried my mom out of a building filled with gang members.

"Breaking News Winters Group CEO Adrian Winters has just been spotted at the headquarters of NYPD supposedly to proceed to a meeting with Commissioner Logan St. Laurent about how to proceed with protective measures for New York City. The Mayor and State Govenor Andrew Cuomo have both been spotted arriving at the station within the last few minutes".

The screen then cut to a convoy of Escalade's arriving outside NYPD with my father's own convoy of three Maybach's and six GLS 63's parked on the opposing curb with a total of thirty two PPO's all standing surveying the area for possible threats though they were probably the most lethal individuals there.

The Governor then got out, along with the Mayor and proceeded to the building while member of the Police maintained a barricade to keep both individuals from harm.

I can only imagine what the two kidnappings were like for the city if there is this much police and official panic, along with the presence of one of this city's most influencial and powerful figures.

I then walked to the window and stared out over New York and Central Park covered in a white glaze.

After eating my breakfast I heard footsteps on the stairs and turned to see which one of my friends it was that was coming down as they had all decided to stay at mine for the weekend for whatever reason.

The first two of the idiots came down the stairs before Lucian, Amelia, and Scarlett all followed.

"Morning Nathan" Zavier says picking up his key.

"I'd stay for breakfast but Lea said she wanted to talk to me so I promised I'd stop by" he adds.

"Just get to school on time, I'm not covering for you, and neither are the rest of us" I say as I finished my food.

"Okay, thanks dad" he quips and I flip him off.

"You're lucky there is milk in this bowl or I would see if it works well as a frisbee".

"Scarlett your boyfriend is a psychopath" Zavier comments as he slipped into the elevator and both Scarlett and Lucian laughed at Zavier's fear.

"Apparently like his dad he can't tell what is a joke and what is serious" I muse with a small smile.

"You are aware both you and your dad have resting I will kill you face" Scarlett says.

"Yes I do, it's the same as how our signiture in fights is broken noses, and lots of blood" I reply while my girlfriend and closest friend exchanged looks.