Chapter Seventy Six

I didn't see Nathan very often after the visit to the hospital, but when I did he looked tired or was in his penthouse working on his future. Most girls would be jealous or annoyed that he spent so much time with his parents, or working alone talking to no one. Nathan was one of the people that would be considered one of the most achievement attaining individuals in the country nothing stopped him, and that kind of mentality was so natural to him that he must have been born from it and when one looked at where he came from it made sense, so it didn't bother me.

We were also preparing for the night of prom, and I was sitting in my room with my mom styling my hair using a photo from Pinterest of all things as I did my makeup to try and give a sort of mysterious yet alluring look to the royal violet dress I wore.

It was in a tulle style with a beaded torso design that started thin beneath my hips and were fully thick by the top of my shoulders, also the silver ribbonlike belt that wrapped around my waist followed the shape of my body, the back of the dress was open but had lace corset back to hold it in place while I had chosen silver earrings and a necklace to go with the dress.

When I was done I looked back into the mirror to see my mom smiling at me.

"You look lovely Scarlett" she beams.

"Thank you mom" I say returning the smile before carefully standing and taking a look at myself in the full body mirror of my closet.

I looked good, actually I looked like I was going to steal the show tonight but Nathan had a habit of building himself a reputation and at events he fully slipped into the role.

We both then heard a knock from the door and my dad stuck his head in holding the frame for balance whilst surveying us like someone suspicious might be happening in here.

"Making sure she doesn't look too good, I don't want to find out your boyfriend killed anyone because of you".

Wouldn't be the first time he wanted to.

Ignoring the rather macabre thought that just entered my mind I flicked my eyebrows up momentarily.

"Doubt he'll have to" I say before we all heard the engine of a car pull into the driveway, rushing out of the room to the nearest front facing window I was shocked by what I saw.

Nathan stood dressed in a entirely black suit, his hair masterfully styled as he leaned against his dad's LaFerrari, the gleaming car had been recently polished and or cleaned to spotlessness, and fitted the sophisticated look Nathan had as he sent a message I presumed to my phone.

"Scarlett he says he's here" my mom says bringing out my chosen purse with my phone which I took and dropped inside the bag before zipping it shut.

"Yes the view from this window proves that" I say before hooking it over my shoulder before hugging both my parents.

"Tell him that the curfew is eleven, that however can be discussed, if you tell us in advance where you are going" my dad says.

"That's like asking for it to be extended" I muse.

"He cares about you, now go to your prom, I don't want to keep you waiting" he adds and I rush downstairs before pulling open the door and walking down the steps before seeing him one hand in his pant pocket the other rotating as he inspected the placement of his cufflinks.

"You look like the definition of handsome Nathanial" I say as I near him and he turns to look at me, his eyes meeting mine in a battle of who could tell the other how much they loved one another through simple looks.

"And you look magnificent Miss Louviere" he says before reaching down and opening the door to the hypercar he was leaning against and likely considering who his parents were was going to ensure he didn't scratch the bodywork in fear of price.

"Of course I do" I say slipping into the passenger seat while he just smirked and pushed the door shut before walking around to the driver side to get in. Buckling our seats Nathan drove off speeding away towards the heart of New York where Thornbrook would be hosting prom for all of us.

A piece of me was becoming more and more nervous about the fact we'd all be separating for the summer, that in the end we'd all be going off in our own direction and soon be adults. It scared me, and even though most teenagers didn't think about any of that for another three months I had it on my mind for weeks.

It was only when I turned to look at Nathan who sat holding the wheel with one hand while the other held my hand that I forgot my issues, and fears. My problems vanished with this oddly charming silent boy who started by challenging me, and accusing me of following him. We'd come so far since that day in the library. Our story started with a car accident, was begun with a collision, and would start a new chapter tonight, and I couldn't wait for the rest of it to begin.

When we did finally did get to the venue and the gates opened Nathan drove through and to an open spot parking carefully, before we both got out of the car into the cool wind that blew through the buildings dancing across my skin, in spirals, and spins winding it's way down my exposed arms.

"Time to blow everyone away" Nathan says with a confident smirk that at times I loathed but right now I loved, because it filled me like a fountain, overflowing time and time again.

"It's us of course we will" I say before the rest of our friends pulled into the lot and parked, and as expected Theo was beaming and gushing over all the girls dresses, Zavier looked like he was taking in all of the event enveloping it into himself. Lucian was looking around though mostly it was to disguise him admiring Amelia in her silver dress appearing as the definition of innocent which only made the two of them seem cuter. Lea dressed in red since we'd gone dress shopping together we'd made sure to not get any matching dress styles and she looked like she'd been pulled straight out of a mafia movie like the infamous cliché scene of the blonde beauty coming down the stairs.

"Let's do this" Nathan says taking my arm as we walked towards the venue, and up the steps before entering a colourful space with strobe lights and music, along with several famous DJ's that the school had paid to come and perform tonight.

"Wow" I exhale as we walked up the stairs to find our table, leaving our things at the marked place for us, before all seven of us went down to dance. Izzy, Abigail, and August would all be here soon they had apparently asked to be driven in the Phantom so the Winters Siblings were all showing up in their parents blacked out vehicles.

I swear they could be Mafia siblings and I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Getting to the middle of the room Nathan pulls me to his chest and wraps his arms around me.

"You want to know something I will never understand Scarlett?" he whispers softly to me like an echo on the wind.

"What?" I ask wrapping my arms around his shoulder as I looked up at him, staring into his dark eyes that held so much warmth, and adoration despite the colours in them. Grey was a neutral colour typically associated with sadness, gold a colour of wealth, and green depicted as life. It seemed like a fitting trait of the Winters Family heir to have eye colours that fitted what the family had been through. He had been thing similar fitting things which only made me feel grateful he had chosen me. Nathan had never given up on getting close to me, and worked through everything we had ever been through since November.

"How you put up with me, and all the shit I drag you into, you still stand here with me" he says.

"Because that's the commitment I want to have to you, love isn't easy, but you are worth fighting for" I say and he smiles softly at me before dipping his head down and pressing his lips against mine.

"For being amazing, and for being mine" he whispers as he pulls away, and I just smile up at him, promising myself I wouldn't be letting him go anytime soon, if ever.

Done, kinda short but I don't particularly care, I'm tired, and at least wanted to give you all at least a medium long chapter, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace