Chapter Seventy Four

We had gone all day playing harder, each time making sure to push ourselves and our horses, the field had been reduced to a practical battle ground, it had been eight hours since the first game and now it was Thornbrook vs Harrow and I would admit I was worried they had bested everyone else they had played today, fought hard for each win.

Harrow was one of the schools Thornbrook often competed against but they had made a push and in the end they would land second after being in the fourth category, since games were timed the only one that wasn't was the ones for the victors which was what assigned placement after first and second.

"Ready to lose the streak Winters" the Captain of the Harrow team Ashton Morhan declares.

"Only if you're ready to see your team fail at taking first for the thirtieth time" I say with a chiding smirk.

I may have been nervous, anxious even that we may lose but externally I was portraying myself as if I had every reassurance of winning.

"Go fuck yourself".

"Gentlemen's sport Morhan. No cursing" I muse and my team chuckled lightly behind me before the game was signalled to start.

Shooting forward I under clipped the ball getting it to go practically straight up before guiding it over the Harrow team and taking it straight along the field and towards their goal effortlessly keeping the ball under Zeno before scoring and rounding the field to go back to my teams side of the field.

"First goal to Thornbrook" the announcer calls over the arena and clapping ensued before Harrow sent it off and once they crossed the centre line we all set on them once more like wasps to an aggitant of their nest.

Games today were like this, none of us set our pride aside but I wanted to prove that I not only could win this anniversary game but also to prove my worth to my parents who still had full control over if I would be taking over as CEO.

But that wasn't what I was paying attention to it was the over eight thousand people here cheering for their chosen team.

These games also lasted for around an hour and a half most of the time so getting a goal within the first five minutes seemed like a good start.

However with twelve people on this massive field meant that people were harsh and played ruthlessly, injuries were also common either to the horse or the players which was why all of the Thornbrook horses had race wrapping around the joints and bottom active limb to stop a ball or mallet from injuring the horses.

You pay several hundred thousand dollars for an animal, you'd protect it like this too.

As the score mounted however things were getting close between us and we were still leading for the most part but Harrow kept using a side line push tactic and it was getting to some of my players as they couldn't contain them as we all tried to keep the ball.

Harrow then broke form and a middle group broke off with two players splitting to counter them before the main group moved along transferring the ball between them and scoring a tying point.

"Fuccuto" I curse before a break is called and I guided Zeno back towards the stable, which was finally when I got to the end of the row and put him back in the pen to be serviced that I realized I'd been taking note of Harrow's tactics, and that Ashton never left the ball, giving me a theory why.

"Nathan they tied us for seven that doesn't happen often, and we only have fifteen minutes before we are back out on the field" August informs me as I tore off my gloves tossing them on the bench as I took the hallway to the spare room which we had been using for a meeting room on breaks.