Chapter Twenty Five

What I had found in the file was a lot more disturbing then I had thought. The first thing that was there was a series of photographs of the accident, and numerous written documents of accounts and testimonies.

It had apparently been a plot to assassinate my parents, siblings and me because of a business meeting that didn't favour the person who had tried in the past.

Then a separate section was the aftermath, that for protection of both the Winters and Louviere children they were to be separated for a five year period, and given therapy as a way of reversing whatever effects the accident had.

For the fifth time that night I looked over the photographs of both Scarlett's parents and the one of her where the glass shard had sliced deep enough in her skull to permanently scar.

I can see why now she never wanted to go fast in a vehicle or even talk about that night when I had first noticed it.

Deciding I'd do something that I normally wouldn't, in fact I never would have concieved of it. I slid out of bed and pulled on comfy clothes before heading down to the front door and slipping on my shoes before jogging off to the gate of the house.

Checking the road I crossed and headed down to the Louviere house before entering the gate, and pulling out my phone.

Scarlett

Open your window I'm outside its about the file
Read 9:22

It's unlocked but I'm on the second floor of the house
Recieved 9:23

And? I'll get up there
Read 9:24

How?
Recieved 9:25

Watch
Sent 9:26

Getting to the side of the house where her room was I noticed the evestrough pipe, and began climbing it until I had reached the roof, and knocked on her window.

"You're fucking crazy you know that right?" Scarlett says poking her head outside.

"Yeah, but I do it with class" I reply before slipping into her room, before immediately removing my shoes.

"What about the file?" she asks.

"It covered a plan to protect both me and you. Someone was upset with my parents, and since ours were close friends they chose to keep us all apart so that we wouldn't be in harms way, endangering the other while they found out who was behind it" I explain.

"Did they?" Scarlett asks crossing her arms as she stared at me.

"Yes, that person lost everything to Winters Group. Our parents never told us as a way of trying to keep us out of the drama of their lives".

"What was the name of the person who did it?" she muses as she took a seat on the end of her bed.

"Kieran Hathaway" I reply leaning against the window, "he was a major financier in the UK my dad built his empire and from that Hathaway collapsed having lost the power they had".

"So I take it he viewed it as a betrayal, and destroying the future of the same company that wronged him would result in something good" Scarlett says.

"Vengeance doesn't make something right, at least not in that way. Take the punch and rebuild".

"Would you, if you had Winters Group taken from you. Rebuild it all?".