Chapter Fourteen

If I had any reservations about how Nathan acted the previous day they vanished by the end of the day, when he had somehow without me noticing written an apology note, along with a singular crimson rose that looked to have been recently cut and seemed to have removed the thorns.

"Pour toi Scarlett" he says handing it to me his aviators covering his eyes so I couldn't tell what he was feeling.

"Merci boucoup" I say in my native language before opening the card and began reading.

He had excellent handwriting though I could tell it was a bit of a fifty-fifty of actual cursive and general writing. The next thing I noticed was how thorough he had been with his apology along with how genuine it felt despite it being only words.

"I accept your apology" I say shutting the card and looking up at him, and a small smile appeared on his lips.

"I'm glad" he says letting out a sigh before his lips parted as if to say something before he closed them and looked back down at me.

"Do you need a ride home?" Nathan asks reaching up and undoing the top two buttons on the crisp white shirt he wore.

"Yes please, which car is yours..." I trail off as we stepped outside the front entrance of the school and my eyes landed on the shiny black Bugatti Chiron sitting in the parking lot next to Lucian's Mercedes Benz.

"God damn Winters" I exhale in shock before looking over at him to see a confident smirk on his lips.

"Stop smirking" I quip.

"You're impressed admit it" he counters and I glare at him.

"Scarlett you should know that you look adorable when you try to be intimidating".

"Ferme ta gueule" I say looking down to hide the mild blush.

"Not a chance Louviere" he says spinning the key fob.

Only the son of the wealthiest people in the country would spin the key of a Bugatti.

Getting to the car I felt anxious even standing within a foot of it considering it was so unbelievably expensive.

My own parents didn't even drive vehicles that eclipsed a million dollars, yet one of my friends had just casually decided to come to school in such a vehicle.

"I don't want to touch it" I mutter and Nathan gave me a look that seemed sardonic as he opened the door to his car and got in before pulling the door shut and reached over to push open the door to the passenger side.

"Get in the car Scarlett" he sighs going back to sitting upright in the driver seat.

Getting into the car carefully I set my purse on the mat and used my pinky to pull the surprisingly light door shut.

"That wasn't hard" Nathan muses with a smirk and I give him a scornful look.

"Such an asshole".

"Well said asshole offered you a ride home".

"I will strangle you before you even start the car".

Nathan laughed completely unaffected by my threat.

"You don't scare me Scarlett" he says starting the engine and backing out of the spot before driving off slower then I expected.

Glancing over at how he was sitting I could tell he moved the seat back farther so that he would still be comfortable but not drive fast enough to scare me.

Sweet.

Wait hold the fuck up non.

Quickly looking out the window in order to negate how the simple gesture of kindness and respect Nathan showed was affecting me.