Chapter Fifty Six

To say hearing my parents lives before me and my siblings didn't at least affect us all slightly would be an understatement. Our father was a former gang leader, and had earned his reputation from the distant parent treatment he received as a kid.

The Winters Family was complicated though so I should have expected that much from the two most powerful members of said family.

People had a vision of what our family was like even I did. The public and even other wealthy socialites saw them as the pinnacle of what modern old money wealth looked like when not only maintained but nurtured and grown.

The world saw the company tower, the cars, the homes, the yachts, the planes, the expensive vacations. The success of two New York kids who became top billionaires.

They didn't see that those same people endured so much while young, and essentially never caught a break their whole lives.

Walking down the steps of the house I walked to the S class that Scarlett had used to get to my parents home before slipping into the car and pulling around before driving to the gate and leaving back towards my beach house.

Snow was falling around the car but I knew by the middle of March all of this would have melted which was one of the weird beauties of the city.

Though part of it was probably vehicle heat.

The drive back to upstate New York left me with a lot of time to think and I began to think about how my actions may have affected Scarlett especially if she went to my parents seeming worried.

I would think of something, find some way to have her feel better, she may want a gift but I didn't want to do something like that, genuinity would save me sort of, and if I could find aome personal way of apologizing I'd probably feel better about it because then it wouldn't just seem like something I picked up for quick forgiveness.

Sooner then I would have liked I pulled up to the gate and got access before I drove up to the garage where I could see where Scarlett had backed the Corvette into its spot and had to adjust a few times to not scrape the mirrors.

Opening the garage electronically I drove the car in and parked before getting out and walking to the bootroom to take off my shoes, and shut the garage doors.

Removing off my shoes I locked the door before heading upstairs to the master bedroom as slowly as I could without making a sound.

Using my foot to open the door I stepped into the room onto the carpetted floor and saw that Scarlett had passed out and looked like she was on the verge of true sleep.

I could hear her breathing being slightly harsh, and moving over to her I knelt down and reached out my hand moving the hair off her face and around her ear.

"Hello Scarlett" I whisper and whether its because her subconscious realized I was here or not her breathing calmed.

"I'm not going anywhere love, I'm staying right here" I add before removing my hand and walking into my closet to change into comfy pants before walking back to the bed and lifting the covers to slip in beside the girl who had taken one side of the bed.

As I got comfy, I carefully pulled Scarlett closer to me so that whatever possible comfort I'd given her remained.

Lying beside her I soon feel to my own minds will to sleep, and quickly slipped away from consciousness.

<><><>

The next morning when I woke up I found a wave of brunette hair falling over my face and Scarlett's which was in front of me with a small adorable smile while her eyes stared back at me.