Chapter Twenty Two

The wind blew past my face ruffling my hair and cascading it over my face I slowly began piecing together my surroundings.

Attempting to open my eyes I was instantly blinded, and reduced to wincing, burying my face in whoever was carrying me's chest.

Carrying me?

Looking up I was met by Nathan who was holding me in the bridal position as we all walked back to the house.

"Why are you carrying me?".

"You passed out, and I didn't exactly feel like leaving you to the elements of Central New York State" he replies.

Why is the British accent so attractive.

Hold the fuck up, why did I think that.

"Thanks" I mumble going back to hiding in his chest.

"Someone's tired" he laughs before I can feel us go up stairs and into the house.

"I didn't really sleep last night" I reply, and he hums back acknowledgement.

"Why not?" Nathan asks getting to the second set of stairs and carrying me up towards my room.

"Thinking".

"About?".

"Quite a bit actually" I respond looking back up at him as he used his elbow to turn the door handle and let us in.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks softly while laying me down on the bed.

"Sure, can I get changed first?".

Nathan then gave a shy smile, which was the first time I think I've ever seen him with an expression like that.

"You don't have to ask, I'll knock when I come back" he says stepping out of my room and shutting the door.

There were so many sides to who Nathan was as a person and I wouldn't have guessed anything less of the eldest Winters Sibling, they all likely were complex like the rest of us, with things they didn't want any of us to know but I think that in the end it's completely fair.

Walking over to my bags I pulled them open and took out a burgundy long sleeved halter top and a pair of white jeans before making the last minute decision to braid my hair.

As I secured a hair tie to the end I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in Nathan" I call before walking out of the bathroom and shutting off the light before Nathan walks over to the seat where I had been sitting and reading that morning only to pick up the book I was reading.

"The Fault In Our Stars by John Green" he mutters under his breath.

"I recently got that book".

"Then I won't spoil the end for you" Nathan says closing the book and setting it back down where it was on the window sill.

"Where do you want me to start with my thoughts".

"Chronologically would probably be best" he says sitting down next to me on the bed.

"I started thinking about the accident when we were younger the one where I lost my memories of you, and our parents planned to keep us apart" I begin with a sigh.

"I want to know what about that event they didn't want us to know, and why we were separated. Then I started to wonder about why it was only now that they were willing to have us meet one another?".

"When I get back home I will look through my dad's office to see if I can find anything, and if that doesn't work I can ask them about it" Nathan says folding his hands in front of him while tapping the largest joint of his forefingers.