Chapter Eleven

That night we all sat out on the beach behind my parents home with a large cooler filled with ice and various bottles along with a overly large fire that we had built into the sand that wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with glass at the end of it.

The boys all sat around the fire poking it with a stick while Izzy lay wrapped in a towel in her chair holding one of the bottles. Abigail refused to come to the beach with the rest of us since she wanted to study for some of her courses instead of enjoying the free time she had while it lasted at the start of the year.

"Nathan come sit down and enjoy yourself" Zavier calls to me before tossing one of the bottles to me which I caught.

"Ambrose I don't drink" I say tossing the bottle of beer back to him.

"It's good though".

"It tastes fucking terrible" I counter before sitting down and taking one of the bottles of Ginger Beer and cracking open the top of it to take a sip from the end.

"I second that" Chloe who had chosen to come over and spend time with Izzy says through her sunglasses despite the fact it was late at night I would imagine she was doing it to cover the fact that she hadn't slept in a week and didn't want the rest of us to know.

"How would you know?" Lucian asks looking at his sister with confusion.

"Bad experience at one of the parties you all go to".

"Well either way the one I'm excited for is the ones when Spring Break comes as the school takes a trip to Portofino" Theo says starting to button the top of his salmon coloured shirt.

"Sun in Italy sign me up" Scarlett says tossing her towel over a chair and laying back onto it.

"It's been a while since I've even been to Italy in general" she added reaching over and taking one of the bottles of my chosen drink.

"What the fuck those are mine".

"Not anymore, I wanted to try one" she shrugs and I just give her a glacial look.

"It's the only bloody one you're getting" I remark my accent coming through and the boys smirk.

"Whatever you two are thinking you can stop it".

Zavier and Theo then just raised their hands in surrender before going back to what they were doing.

These two are the biggest idiots I'd ever met but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Leaning back into my seat I focused on the feeling of the gentle ocean breeze on my skin along with the heat that came in waves off the fire while every dozen or so seconds I'd take a sip from the bottle I held.

I wondered a lot about my parents pasts. Did they ever feel this kind of peace at my age. Supposedly a lot had happened to shape them, and they had never really gone into it, yet they both seemed like their pasts had marked them, and affected them like survivors do wars.

The most I had ever gotten was that neither of them had pleasant lives in their mid teens, and then they never caught a break from anything until me and my siblings were born.

My dad however was a little different it seemed like it didn't ever cover it, and there were a few things that never made sense to me like how I never met my grandparents on my dad's side just seen the one picture he had of them all that hung in his home office.

"Nathan?" someone asks and I blink looking over to see Scarlett.

"Yes".

"You seemed lost" she states, "what were you thinking about?".