Chapter Thirty Eight

Nathanial Winters

Driving through the city in my Rolls Royce Cullinan I had already gone out and picked up gifts for my family, and the boys, all of which were in the back of the car.

As I got back to my penthouse, I drove down into the garage and parked before slipping out of the car and walking to the back to carry all the gifts up to my penthouse.

Stepping inside I pressed the button for my floor and let the elevator carry me up to the penthouse.

The doors opened a moment later and I walked out with the bags before heading to office so that I could wrap up all of the gifts and tomorrow I could bring them to my parents house, and have the dinner here with the boys.

I then set everything down, and took out the rolls of coloured paper before connecting music to the speakers and starting on getting everything ready.

I had also been smart and organized everything by colour so that way it was clear which gifts were whose.

As I finished it I placed them against the one wall before walking out to the living room and heading towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

It was definitely something that I was still adjusting to. Living alone. It was something that I hadn't expected but was relatively used to. Living in the guest house was one thing. I still got to see my sisters and parents but now in order to do that I had to drive nearly an hour out of New York, or seek Abigail and Izzy out while at school.

Filling one of my glasses I walked out of the kitchen into the living room and stood by the window looking over all of Northern Manhattan, along with spotting the Bronx, and Queens.

There were so many times that I had gone to the Bronx but that was also because my dad still went to a boxing club there owned by an older guy named Taz who was a big boxer ten years before my dad was born.

I had also seen the amount of low income housing that resided there, along with those who didn't actually have the ability to make a good living. It was sad, and over time it gave me something that I didn't actually wish to ever see if I could help it, and as a kid if I ever gave something to someone in need I was often rewarded by my parents for it.

I also never really understood it well until I got to late middle school where I learned about wealth inequality. I had also learnt that my parents operated a series of charities that were almost completely no profit, but when asking more about why there had to be profit, my parents explained that it was to pay for the faucility and staff's work.

My parent were actually rather smart in the regard of how to make sure things went their way but I also knew that there was a difference between the person they show their family and close friends then the world.

Draining the glass I walked back into the kitchen and left it by the sink before walking back into the living room as I heard my phone go off to see that it was the front desk of my building.

"Hello this is Nathan Winters" I say into the phone.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Winters there are four guests here for you" the receptionist says.

"Let them up" I say and hang up before looking around to make sure there was nothing Theo and Zavier couldn't destroy in two seconds flat.

I also knew that if I left the office unlocked they would try and see what I got them before Christmas even though they only had to wait two more days.

Only those idiots would have that level of impatience.

Though one was flat out go, go, go, and the other was too dense to give a damn what was said to him, unless it was being turned down by a girl which has only happened once as far as we all know.