Chapter Twenty Six

The next morning sun practically blinded me causing me to wince and stuff my face in the pillow my head had been resting on before I realized someone was pressed against me and blinking I made out the face of Scarlett who opened her eyes only to smile at me warmly.

"Don't like the sun?" she prys with an amused smile.

"Not when it blinds me no" I reply while reaching out and moving the hair from her face.

"That tickles" Scarlett laughs pushing her head into the pillow beside her and I couldn't help my mind from calling her beautiful even when her hair is a mess and makeup-less she was beautiful.

"Sorry" I say removing my hand but she stops me and puts it back so that I was cupping the side of her face.

"How did you sleep before then?" she asks.

"I slept good, your bed is comfy" I muse.

"I had the best sleep I've had in a while" she remarks with a stretch.

"When held in my arms" I say mildly surprised, and whe hides her face. "That's good, I'm glad to hear that".

"Sorry I'm just a little embarrassed, I'm not used to this".

"I'm completely new to this" I counter with a small smile that I could only say I adopted from my dad.

"So am I" she says with a smile and I retract my hand.

"I'll use a separate shower" I exhale sliding out of the bed and walking around to the door Scarlett also slid out of bed but gave me a minor look.

"What?" I ask.

"Just know that Eve will be here and seeing you come out of my bedroom might cause alarm bells".

"Are you saying go home then come back?".

"Yeah that might be best" she suggests and I nod before walking over to where my hoodie was and pulling it on.

"By the way you are standing in front of me in underwear and just a shirt" I remind her and she instinctually covers herself.

"Get out of here" she laughs.

"I'm leaving" I say opening the window and sliding on my shoes before making my leave before sliding down the gutter drain and began jogging back towards the front gate when Phillip walked out of the staff building and gave me a curious look.

"Nathan you aren't normally here this early".

"No" I admit letting out a sigh.

"You stayed with her, yes?".

"Yes" I confirm, and the chauffeur nods before giving me a smile.

"She means a lot to you doesn't she?" he asks stopping by me.

"Yes, and she knows that".

"I used to know a boy like you when I was around your age, he acted like he was on top of the world, he came from a powerful family, he had the life many wished for. He was the nicest kid I'd met. And if I'm right she'll be happy with you" Phillip says fixing his sleeve.

"I hope so, now I need to get home, and shower and get dressed" I say and he just nods before I jogged off towards the gate and back home which went unnoticed, along with checking the windows of the home my parents and sisters lived in before getting to my guest house, and heading to my room.

Getting to my room I quickly got into the shower and washed off sleep along with attempted to wrap my mind around the fact that Scarlett let me sleep in the same bed as her let alone cuddle her.