1 - Two Become One

It was silent between the two beings. Error was a bit frustrated that he wasn't getting a response from the sound in his clutches but was quick to realize they probably couldn't respond even if they really wanted to. He looked at his string warily before bringing up his other hand to make more strings. He was so use to destruction but maybe he could fix this soul, just a bit anyways. He concentrated watching his strings wrap around the soul and tightened a bit holding the fragile pieces together. The soul vibrated a bit, maybe panicking, before going still. Some of the cracks were gone but he wasn't going to risk stopping. Eventually when he noticed no progress he stopped. There was a very faint dull red color and cracks were still present but not on dangerous levels.

"Can you talk now?" He asked. After a moment he got a response.

"Yes. I don't know what you did but I should thank you. So thanks. Where are we?" He couldn't tell if the voice was male or female but that didn't matter at the moment.

"We're in the Void."

"The Void? Why are we here?"

"You know the Void?" He asked which started the whole explanation of how they're from the creator realm and what they knew. All he could do was sit there and listen.

-pov switch-

By the time I finished explaining what I know Error looked to be in thought.

"-and then I ended up here. Though I don't know why."

"I don't understand either. You don't belong here, just a glitch." I heard a bit of a growl in his voice telling me he was unhappy before a thought hit me.

"Wait, but why are you here? You live in the Anti-Void right?" I didn't hear an immediate response but I noticed he glitched out quite a bit before he calmed down. He let out a sigh before sitting down.

"I put myself here. I was tired of it all. All the fighting, all the blaming, all the forced destruction, all of it. No one would miss me and I made the choice myself."

"If you could go back would you?" I asked feeling a bit sad but curious. I mean the thought of my life was not that long ago. I wouldn't have believed someone who I believed to be fictional was thinking the same thing. Yet here we are.

"No, I have no reason to. I tried to explain that there had to be a balance... they wouldn't listen. So I gave them what they wanted." He said loosening the strings and releasing my form. I moved so I was next to him yet he stared at his multicolored hands. "I would not go back. Start over maybe but even that wouldn't work. I'm done."

I felt his despair and reached out to put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him only to stop when I realized two things. One, he had haphephobia and I shouldn't be touching him. Two, I could see my own hand now. When he released me I must have regained myself. That sounded weird but it's not important. My gaze went into the void the surrounded us as what he said fully processed.

"Well, then that just means they're dumb. I might be a young person who doesn't know any better but even I know balance is important." I could sense his surprise before hearing his surprise. Looking back at him I made eye contact with the surprise skeleton.

"Your body is back."

"Yep, thanks to you. What do we do now?"

"There's nothing we can do unless...."

"Unless?"

"I may be a God but I'm limited in my abilities. With a human soul however I can probably get you out of here. But that would have you leaving behind your old life."

"Well, I did die even though I didn't want to. But I don't want to go back it wasn't a fun life. What did you have in mind?"

"Using my power I can merge us in a way though I am certain I won't make it through the process. I can give you a new life and you can help me to move on and finally end this." He stood up causing me to do the same.

"Are you sure? I-I mean don't get me wrong it sounds like an experience I could not pass up-"

"Then there's no issue-"

"But! But what will happen. We're still in this void."

"You won't go to my multiverse. You most likely be in a new one or one that doesn't have an Error."

"So.... I would be you and you won't exist anymore."

"Yes."

It was silent as Error was doing whatever he was doing leaving me to my thoughts. Was I really going to do this? He seemed so sure about not returning to his home. Though with how it sounds it didn't seem like much of a home. And I didn't want to go back to my home either but I didn't want to be dead. It seemed too good to be true.

"Ok I'm ready." He said before facing me. "Are you?"

"I won't lie.... I'm scared."

"Don't be," he reached out his hand shocking me. "For the short amount of time we've had it was nice knowing you ya damned glitch."

"Are you sure?" I asked hovering my hand near his knowing his fear.

"This is the last we'll see each other. Might as well end it unexpectedly." He was a bit glitchy but seemed sure.

I took a breath before giving a small smile. "It was nice to meet you Error." I clasped my hand in his and closed my eyes when I felt a warmth overcome me.

-pov change-

They clasped their hand with mine and closed their eyes before their body dissappeared leaving the poor soul above my hand. My strings latched onto it and I held it close to my chest where my own soul was. It was finally going to be over I can only wish the glitch good luck before my vision went white and then nothing.

I was free.