76 - Refresh pt.3

I was a bit zoned out when the others arrived in small groups. The last to show up were Dream and Nightmare. A good number of skeletons immediately took spots on the blankets and pillows that were brought over and placed down.

A few things I noticed immediately. The Papyrus's were carrying baskets that I assumed had food, they were keeping it out of the reach of the others. The second was that a few of the fireflies were really drawn to Dream, it was almost comical how the bugs made it look like he was glowing. The last thing was that I somehow ended up seated with Dust, Killer, Horrortale, and Cross. Gradient and Paps were running around playing within the field of tiny flying lights.

Everyone seemed to be in a pretty good mood either staring at the sky, chatting, or trying to snag the food that was being laid out. I was between Dust and Killer watching Horror with a curious gaze as he patiently waited. Sugar on the other hand was happily chatting about the stars to his brother as he took his time unpacking. 

As if sensing our gaze Horror looked at us and Killer smirked. 

"You doing ok there buddy?"

"Bite me," Horror huffed out and Killer snickered. Nightmare eventually joined up with us and I looked at what was actually brought. 

There were tiny potatoes and other cooked vegetables dishes, chips, dip, water bottles, diced fruits, tacos, pasta, and what looked like mozzarella sandwiches. And plates of course. They really went out of their way for this. Suddenly the trip to the store earlier makes more sense. It made sense before but this just makes more sense overall.

"It's a lot," I heard from Dust.

"Well, there are a lot of us," I responded with. Looking over I saw Gradient and Pap have sat down with Sci, the Outertale brothers, the Classics, and Fresh. I wasn't concerned so I let them be. 

"How has work been Horror? You seem to enjoy it so far," I asked mainly out of curiosity since Horror is well.... Horror... and I know there are people who are, let's say not the biggest fans of his presence. However Horror seemed ok with it.

"It's been great, the old man still had a lot of kick in him and has run the place quite well." 

"Oh, tell them about the teens," Killer said catching everyone else's attention, those in our area at least.

"What teens?" Cross asked as he grabbed a sandwich.

"A group of teens have been hanging out around the shop after school hours but never really come in. One day someone was causing a disturbance inside so I used my axe to... scare him off. The next day the teens came inside and stuck by the counter or the bench just asking me questions. It's been going on for days and it's weird but the old man doesn't seem bothered by them."

"Our pal here got some fans, he keeps denying it but I know what I saw," Killer seemed really amused by the whole thing and even Dust seemed invested.

"What, did you swing at the guy?" Dust asked leaning forward. 

"....not exactly," Horror muttered but we heard it. Cross and Killer restrained from laughing out loud. 

"It's good to hear you're doing well brother," Sugar said and I nodded in agreement. 

"Same here." I was glad it was working out.

"We are proud of you Horror, don't ever think otherwise. You've come a long way and are doing well, that's all we care about. Eat up," Nightmare said as be got his own plate. I don't know how but Nightmare was always able to immediately set the mood. We all started eating and just let the silence take over. We could here others talking but none of us really tried to force a conversation. 

The food was good, the house chefs have definitely shown that they know what they're doing. Who would've thought that the feared bad food would become this? I guess since they aren't resetting everytime they are actually improving on their cooking. 

A thought hit me as I drank some water. Have the other aus been resetting when the skeletons are missing? Some are just missing a Sans while others are missing both. Does that change things? If the human constantly resets then not much time has really passed, for everyone else. If not then they have been missing for a while. Unless the aus are frozen which I don't think is the case. 

I felt a sudden warmth which jolted me out of my thoughts and noticed a jacket was draped over my shoulders.

"When did-?"

"You were zoned out and shivering a bit," I heard from Dust. Looking over I noticed his jacket missing but he was wearing a warm long sleeve underneath it apparently. 

"Where's your jacket? I've never seen you without it for long," Killer said before Cross spoke up.

"They still got their gloves and scarf... but really where's your jacket?" 

"Didn't bring it, I took it off and heard it's in the wash so.... didn't think about it," I answered honestly, mostly. I didn't want to admit that I was attempting to get more comfortable with myself. Some might get ideas I don't want to be apart of. 

"Sure, next time tell one of us and we could lead you one. Don't need you getting sick again, this isn't the Anti-Void," Nightmare said as I wrapped my scarf around another layer.

"Yeah yeah, I know." I felt like I was being scolded.

"You could always ask me to warm you up," Killer said with a smirk and I scoffed.

"Hard pass. Knowing you it would either involve touching or being set on fire. Nothing in between."

"Oh please, do I look like the type to set you on fire?" He asked and I just raised a bone brow as the others muttered a yes causing Killer to cross his arms. Soon though Sci came over.

"Hey Error, I'm going to head back with the kids and Pup. Is that ok?" I was honestly touched that he felt the need to ask since I trust him more with Gradient than most of the others.

"Sure, I'll pop by later before I go to bed."

"Alright, goodnight guys," he said as other echoed the departure saying. Once they were gone Dust sighed.

"It's still weird thinking that he's just a younger version of most of us," he rubbed at the back of his neck staring where the small group was walking.

"I know what you mean but I tend to not think too hard about it," I said before laying on my back and resting my hands behind my head. If anything were to happen it's good to know that Gradient is in good hands. I'm glad our relationship wasn't like what I've heard of with any of Error's ship children. 

I wasn't sure what was coming but I'll be ready for it. I was partially dozing after about thirty minutes when I heard something.

"Hey I saw a streak in the sky!" It was from Sugar and I focused on the sky before seeing a streak myself which caused me to shoot up to a half sitting position.

"Shooting stars," I said in slight awe. Again I've seen Outertale but this felt different.

"Are they really stars?" Horror asked also staring at the sky.

"No, they're rocks from space. They get close to the planet and heat up, glowing as the burn up. Most don't make it to the ground," Outer Sans said hearing Horror.

"Most?" Killer asked as everyone was tuning in now. 

"Yeah, some are big enough to make it to the ground. Those are meteorites," Outer Papyrus said informing the group.

"I heard you're supposed make a wish on them!" Blue piped up and Outer Sans just nodded. 

"Most do when they see one. If you see another one try it, but don't say your wish out loud or else it won't come true." I tend to forget most of these guys are still underground so wouldn't know as much about the sky as others. 

We spent a majority of the night just staring at the sky and talking with whoever. It was nice to actually speak with Red and not have him be all pissed about something for once. Though I'm pretty sure his brother was keeping him in place. It was a nice night overall.