84 - Familiar Fears

Author note: First off im proud of myself for the name I ended up using for Error. *packing my stuff and tossing it into my safe room.* Second... I already know what's going to happen. I'm just preparing myself. *waves and jumps in shutting the door*

404 was standing a bit away from the exit of the Underground with Gradient tied next to him on one side and Frisk tied up at the edge, practically dangling off a cliff face with their soul bounded and exposed. He heard me coming.

"Ah you cam-" 404 was cut off by a barrage of bones that went directly for him. He jumped away from the bones before he had to dodged from my gaster blasters firing in his direction. I just kept walking towards him as I kept the attacks going being careful of the two children. 

When he started retaliating I attacked faster. I wanted to hurt him, I wanted to severely harm him, heck I probably wanted to kill him. But that wasn't my goal... not yet at least. Once I was close to Gradient I whipped my string out grabbing 404 and throwing him off down to the trees below.

Quickly I got Gradient free first using a sharp bone and I froze when I was surrounded by magic and also thrown. I used the bone I had in hand however to slow my fall and saw 404 shake off the strings that got him. Gradient was part of the way down when I summoned a blaster to block him from an attack.

"Catch the human." I said to him before pushing away avoiding some bones and rushing back to 404. I summoned two more blasters to counter his and watched as the attacks collided. It caused dust to kick up like a screen. I narrowed my gaze before dodging some strings and cutting some that got too close.

When I pulled up another barrage of bones I threw a sharp bone up to Frisk cutting them free. Gradient luckily was there to catch them. Their soul was still captive but at least their body was free. 

I saw large bones come barreling at me and bent back to dodge them before my magic aura surround them and I leaned back up throwing them at him. They crashed into trees since he ducked and he stopped.

"Error why are you attack me... you know better than that. I was actually expecting one of the others to find me first and not you. Maybe Ink."

"You took my kid dumb ass, of course I would come looking for them." My statement caught him off guard.

"Your kid? No no no no, you got it all wrong, that isn't your kid. Just an abomination made by accident. You don't even like those creations that get made, especially that ones that get made from you and Ink. You should be thanking me that I took him." 

Ok this just confirms he thinks I'm the normal Error, I had my doubts since I've spent a very very long time in the Anti-Void and could've forgotten. But I'd never call Gradient an abomination, not even a glitch.

"You're not as smart as you think you are." I said before feeling a force hit me from below. I was stopped for a moment by magic before getting slammed into the ground. He didn't like my comment.

"I've worked too hard to have you start getting in the way now. I will get my happy ending Error even if it mean getting rid of everyone else's. I'll admit I had one slip up but it won't happen again."

"A slip up?" I groaned out as I pushed myself up. 

"One of those aus, I tried to mess with the code and it collapsed on itself, I'm surprised that the monsters of that au are still alive." Only one au really comes to mind that fell apart without warning or reason.

"You're why Dancetale fell?" I asked feeling that anger coming back up.

"Is that what it's called? Yeah, I did that. Turns out I was thinking too small." He grinned not seeing anything wrong with admitting what he did as his gaze went up to Frisk's soul.