87 - Awake Again

I felt warmth had been surrounding my body as I came to consciousness. I opened my eyes a bit seeing that I was staring up at a blank ceiling with artificial lights. It had a hospital feel to it though not exactly. I blinked a few times before sitting up in a rush when I realized that I wasn't in the Void anymore. I was free. My first thought was that I needed to get up and leave. I tossed the covers off and reached out to summon a portal as I stepped down only to realize some very crucial things immediately. 

One, my magic wasn't working or at least the ability to open portals wasn't working. Two, I was much weaker than I realized since my arm was trembling and my leg buckled from my weight causing me to collapse to the floor with a loud yelp. Three, my senses were going off like nuts telling me that my area was unstable or that I needed to destroy it. Four, I wasn't alone.

I heard a set of footsteps rush over to my side and felt hands grab me at my arms. I didn't like that in the slightest feeling a burn from the pressure on my arm.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I shouted smacking away the hands near me. I couldn't focus on who it was as I tried to summon a blaster to defend myself only for it to backfire. I felt a sharp pain in my head and hunched over clutching my head. This was wrong. Something was wrong.

I felt the hands again and started to physically try and fight them away only to realizing that this individual was much stronger than me.

"Let go! Let go! Let go!" I was panicking. I hated this. I wasn't safe. I felt my body glitching reflecting my panic. It hurt way more than it should've.

I didn't realize that I was back on the bed and being held down by magic. 

"Breathe. Listen to me. Breathe. In and out nice and easy. You need to calm down." I heard a calm low voice say. Pushing through my own chaotic thoughts I decided to try to slow down my breathing. I focused on my breaths going in and out making sure to try slowing down by taking in more air and trying to hold it for a bit. 

"Good, keep going. You're doing good. In, hold it, then breathe out." They said guiding me through the process and with a last audible exhale I closed my eyes for a moment and the magic holding me down left my form. I opened my eyes again once I was composed and looked over seeing Gaster, fully formed and well, standing by the bed looking down at me relieved. 

"It's good to see you awake, I'm glad you managed to hold together. I didn't mean to throw you into a panic like that. I was unaware that touching you suddenly would cause such a reaction," He said holding his hands behind his back. 

"You.... where am I?" I asked feeling everything dull down again. 

"You're in my lab, you've been out for a while. I was starting to worry you wouldn't wake up." He walked away to look at something and I sat up again, slowly this time.

"Did you.... did you get me out?" I had to ask unsure of how I got out of that hellish trap.

"Yes, after the monsters were freed I headed back with Sans to get you out when I told him I wasn't in there alone." He informed me seeming pleased with whatever he was reading.

"And he agreed?" I asked in a doubtful tone. The Sans that I was aware of didn't seem like the type to free someone without good reason or until he knew that they weren't a threat.

"Why wouldn't he?" He asked and I fell silent at that. I wanted to open a screen but figured that I could wait until he was gone so I didn't have to answer questions.

"I guess it's a good thing you woke up now instead of earlier," he said catching my attention. "I had guests over and it would've been hard to explain to two of them why there was another skeleton monster here that looked like Sans." 

"Guests..." 

"Yes, but let's focus on you for now. How are you feeling?" 

"...I'm alive, that's all that matters. I need to go home but my magic-"

"Being in the Void that long has most likely messed with your natural magic. By the way you can call me Gaster."

"...call me Error," I replied back. 

"A fitting name," he said as he took a seat. 

"Now I already know you from the Void, I can assume that you come from somewhere else entirely. I was able to see the different timelines that happened and noticed a glitch. I figured at first it was you but it turned out to be the human. Part of me wonders if they are the reason that you're here." He said looking interested in the topic.

"...Your guess is as good as mine." I said having no clue why I was able to get out from this au. An au which has a name that keeps slipping my mind.

About an hour later I was able to walk around without issue. He showed me his lab in more detail and explained his current project to use the Core to make energy up on the surface. Honestly he just sounded glad to have someone to tell without having to simplify things.

About another hour went by and the Sans of this au actually showed up. 

"Hey G- Oh, your awake." The familiar looking skeleton said and I felt my heart clench upon seeing him. I wanted to go home.

"Sans, this is Error. They woke up not too long ago. Was there something you needed?" Gaster said getting introduction out of the way quickly.

"Oh right. I was with Asriel earlier making up like the kid wanted us to and we discovered something about that friend Frisk made. That young girl has I soul trait I've never seen before." Sans said.

"Was it multiple colors?" Gaster asked looking intrigued. 

"No, it was pink." He said.

"Pink?" Gaster inquired looking surprised.

Pink! I couldn't remember where I've seen a pink soul but I knew that it wasn't a good thing. I must've gave off that I wasn't pleased because I heard Gaster.

"Error, do you recognize it?"

"...I feel like I should, but I don't. I'm sorry," I said after awhile.

"That's fine, I'm sure I can find something on the color." Gaster said before the three of us wandered to the main room. Sans laid on the couch with some papers while I sat by Gaster also looking at some paper. This world was much more advanced when it came to the soul traits and their abilities. There was a lot.

I was still uncomfortable though since everything around me felt wrong.

I tuned out their conversation before seeing Sans engulf in magic and dissappear from the couch. The book he was looking at fell to the floor. I stared at it before going over and picking it up. I heard a child's voice, more to the male side but definitely young. I put the book down by Gaster as Sans returned with Frisk at his side. 

My senses were going off, something was wrong with this kid. They looked healthy and nothing seemed wrong but something about them was off. I saw them step behind Sans and realized that I was staring too hard. I turned away.

"Oh, that's Error. Don't worry about them kid they just don't warm up to strangers that well." Sans said before I heard his voice get directed towards me. 

"The kid is going to stay here for the night so they can rest before the big meeting. Is that going to be an issue?"

"...No." I said in response. What is this au and why can't I remember anything about it? I know that I've seen it, I wasn't the biggest fan of all aus in my human life but I know I was aware of this one. Right?

Sans headed off leaving just Gaster, the kid, and myself. I mainly stayed quiet though and stuck around Gaster. I feared that if I was alone or with the kid for too long then I would spiral and that's the last thing I needed. My powers weren't stable enough to start glitching and destroying everything with intent, I didn't want to do that accidentally.

Author's note: I just realized that I never gave a definitive answer on what color our soul would be. Wow, good job me. I mentioned a faint red way in the beginning only because in our human life we would be the player and the soul is red. Do you guys think it would still be red or would the human part of the soul be a different color? I'm curious about your thoughts on it.