24 - Agitation

I have been a bit out of it since my visit to Underlust. I know the others were noticing my behavior and mainly kept to themselves. Well most of them. Dust would check up on me and talk for a bit before going off to do his own thing.

On the plus side my puppet collection has once again expanded and I had time to do ones I haven't gotten to yet. But I still felt something was off. It got stronger as days went by.

There was no au collapsing on itself, yet.

There wasn't a glitch or malicious code I could find.

I wasn't being hunted by Ink as far as I could tell. 

My head was all muddled and I was getting snappy. 

Honestly, I was concerned with my behavior but I was too, either stubborn or prideful, to tell someone that I thought something was wrong. What do I mean? I've been snapping at the others. Instead of trying to be calm I've been egging some on the try something.

The one to confront me about this was Nightmare since he could quite literally sense the negativity coming off me. I was called to his office and forced to take a seat at the desk. 

"What now? Did you need something?"

"Error, is everything alright? You've been a bit off lately."

"Oh really, geez I didn't notice."

"More sarcastic also...."

"Look it's fine. I'm probably just moody, it'll go away soon."

"For some reason I don't believe that." 

I subconsciously grabbed a pen from the desk and started to fiddle with it. Nightmare didn't say a word about it and kept trying to get answers.

"What happened a few days ago?"

"Just looking through aus, nothing new."

"Did you see something important?"

"No, I would've told you if that were the case."

My grip tightened on the pen as my agitation grew.

"Then what is wrong?"

"Do you think I know?!"

The pen crack and glitched before dissappearing most likely destroyed. I felt my mood change again and buried my face into my hands with a groan. 

"Oh geez... Nightmare I'm sorry. I was totally out of line."

"That may be but it might of helped....." He trailed off to think and suddenly stood up before walking around the desk and towards me. 

"Stand up."

I sighed and stood before felt pressure on my shoulder and getting enveloped in darkness. It was so sudden I didn't realize we weren't in Nightmare's domain anymore. 

"What the-"

"We're here."

"Where is here exactly?"

"This is an Undertale au, the difference being the only one aware of the resets is the human since they decided to change it up and killed off Sans early on."

"Ok... why are we here?"

"You're going to destroy this world."

That wasn't a request, it sounded like an order.

"What?! Why?! It's not glitched is it?"

I went to open a screen but Nightmare stopped me.

"No... but it's honestly no use to anyone. I've been watching since it's filled with negativity but it's only been negativity for a bit too long. The human hasn't stopped killing, just starting over and over."

"Ok then why not just kill the human?"

"When was the last time you destroyed something? You say your a destroyer yet I haven't seen you actually destroy on a large scale. I think it's causing your agitation."

"....really?"

"That's what we're here to find out. If I'm wrong then this world gets put out of its misery."

Before I could say anything Nightmare sunk to the ground and dissappeared leaving me to my thoughts. 

Was I really going to do this? Chances are Nightmare was watching me and after everything he's done I wouldn't want to disappoint.

I decided to start with Waterfall leaving the Ruins and the snowy area to the human to kill off. If I was going to commit I was not going to tip the human off early. No I wanted to be the final enemy.

I shortcutted into Waterfall and saw a lone monster by some echo flowers. I hesitated but snatched the monster up in my strings and brought them over to me. 

They struggle and made noise but it just increased my foul mood. I eventually reached my limit and took their soul before snapping it. Instead of dust they glitched and disappeared. 

The next deletions were easier to do. 

I went through Waterfall, Hotland, the lab, the core, all the way to Asgore and the other souls. As the destruction continued I felt different and wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. I have to say Undyne and that darn robot tried the most but could only do so much before getting caught in my strings.  

But eventually I had only one more to get.

I waited in Judgement Hall for the human, it just seemed right. However, I must have been angier than I thought since once I saw them I grabbed them and threw them into a wall. 

They gasped for air before falling to the ground and looking up in shock. 

"Hey there kid, this is your last reset. I hope you're satisfied." I grabbed their soul and started to attack to wear them down a bit. No need to give them the chance to go back. Once I was personally satisfied I placed my hand on them causing their body to glitch before becoming like the rest. 

I still had their soul so they weren't coming back. I took a breath as I heard the collapse of the au in the distance. Nightmare came out from behind a pillar and approached.

"How do you feel?"

"Better, my head is clear and I don't feel restless."

"Good. Destroy it so we can go."

I snapped my fingers destroying the soul and was once again enveloped in darkness before finding myself in the living room area of Nightmare's domain.

"You get the rest of the day off, relax." 

Nightmare said before dissappearing once more. I sighed and plopped onto the couch feeling the heavy weight I was feeling lift up. I heard footsteps after about ten minutes and looked up to see an unsure Horror. 

I really have been a pain these days to them huh.

"Hello Horror, I want to apologize for my agitation lately and didn't mean to direct any to you. I was thinking of watching something and the food channels. Want to watch?"

"....I'll get snacks." He walked off with a grin and I relaxed on the couch before turning the TV on.

I needed to apologize to the others as well but for now I'll just stick with Horror today.