65 - Out

The sun has long set but I don't know how long I've been sitting here. I'm pretty sure I was near a park. The temperature dropped quite a bit but I ignored it not feeling much and not wanting to move from my position. It was nothing compared to my trips to different Snowdins. 

I wasn't worried approaching footsteps since usually they go quicker once they get near me. I'm a dark glitching skeleton just sitting here, I don't blame people for hurrying along. I probably looked like one of the shady characters you're told to avoid.

That outburst I had earlier, that was the loudest I've ever been. I did something... it wasn't good. I could've seriously harmed someone. Gradient was right there, what if I had hurt him... I would never forgive myself if that happened. I couldn't control it, the words flew out before I could even think.

I'm not sure how long it's been but I heard footsteps. Like all the others I heard before I ignored them thinking it was more random pedestrians just out late. However, the steps stopped in front of me along with labored breathing, more than one person.

"There you are." I heard but didn't move to look up.

"Hun look at us, we were so worried about you. It's not safe to be on your own at this time." 

"....." I looked up and saw Lust and Dust. I felt horrible and just looked down again. They came out to look for me when they shouldn't have, I feel like such a bother.

"You shouldn't have bothered coming for me..."

I saw sleeves of a jacket near my line of sight and soon they touched my head. I stiffened feeling a familiar buzz start to build up before Dust's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Relax, I'm not touching you. It's just my jacket. You were there for me back then, let me be here for you now." I just slumped and leaned against him. I was so... tired? Drained? Something. That mess back at the house really took a lot out of me. We just kind of stayed there in silence for who knows how long before I felt magic around me and noticed I was suddenly on my feet.

"Come on, we're not going back but I know a place better than just here," Lust said and Dust didn't give me much of a choice before I was walking with them to who knows where. We walked further into the city and only now did I bother looking up and noticed that Lust was following instructions on their phone. 

"Where are we going?" 

"Don't worry about that." Lust said waving a hand at me causing me to raise a bone brow. An odd reaction, not bad just odd. I looked at Dust but he just shrugged not knowing where Lust was heading for. 

"How are you holding up?" Dust asked stepping a bit closer so he didn't have to speak at a high volume.

"...I just spilled my biggest secret in front of multiple people after almost destroying someone's home in blind rage and most likely scaring my kid.... I'm doing amazing." Dust just rolled his eyes. 

"Without the sarcasm please." 

"....not great." 

"It'll be fine, not sure about the rest but our group won't change. Just ignore them if they bother you." 

"We're here." Our talk was cut off with Lust's announcement. We stopped and looked at what seemed to be a normal building. There was some spray paint on the wall but nothing too obvious since it was dark. Lust checked thier phone as if confirming before he went and knocked on a door. Soon the door opened revealing Fresh surprisingly.

"Hey broskis! Come in, I only have a few minutes." He said before the three of us went inside.

"Lust here gave me the deets on what went down. Shame to hear that honestly. Ya'll can crash here until you figure out something." We wandered down a hall as he spoke and I noticed a few painting on the wall the was of the city landmarks. They were illuminated in neon lighting.

I heard the sound of faint music and was greeting by warmer temperatures. We continued to follow Fresh and he lead us to a lounge room the also had neon lighting. One of the walls was a large window into a room with various equipment, two seats, mics, etc. Taking in everything I figured out where we were. 

"You got a job on the radio?" 

"Bingo," he said putting his headphones on that I didn't notice were around his neck.

"How-" Dust started but was cut off by Fresh putting a finger up.

"Hold the quiz for later, I need to head back. Chill here for now. Laters!" He gave a salute before walking into that room and closing the door blocking off any sounds coming from it.

"Quite the skeleton, isn't he~" Lust said before getting comfy on a couch.

"That's one way to put it," Dust muttered before gesturing for me to sit. So now here I was, Dust on my left, Lust on my right, and Fresh doing whatever. It was quiet for a bit but before my thoughts could even begin Dust started talking.

"I never understood why you never punched him."

"...what?"

"Ink. He's so annoying yet you've never once punched him. I never understood that. If it was me give it... I'd say ten minutes alone with him and I would've attacked him."

"Ten minutes?" 

"I'm assuming this would be on a good day if not... maybe two."

"You wouldn't punch Ink."

"What? Don't think I can?"

"Deary no," Lust said joining in, "it's more likely you would blast him than attempt to strike him."

"...you got a point," Dust said nodding in agreement. It was then I noticed that Lust had taken out some kind of notebook and had most of his attention on it. He got comfortable really fast.

"Well enough about that. Error~ what now? I know you aren't heading back to the house and I'm not heading back either. The tension there was almost enough to make me blush." 

"Killer almost started brawling when you left," Dust said. By his tone, he didn't want to go back either. Who knows what has been going on while they've been gone.

"I guess I'm staying here... at least for a bit. It's warmer in here than out there." With that confirmed Dust took the moment to get up and wander around to see if he could find anything interesting. They did only just discover this place after all. 

I just hugged a small pillow to myself and pulled my knees up after removing my footwear. I hope everything was alright with everyone else and that my little outburst didn't ruin anything.