83 - Plans of Search

Dream and Nightmare were the first to rejoin with me as I made my way back to the house. I could hear Viper explaining things behind me before Cross and Dust joined up with them. As much as I would have loved to storm off to find 404 I have no idea where to even look. Going in blind would be foolish.

I swear I almost made part of the house shake as I threw the door open and stormed in with the rest that followed catching on that I was more livid than I was appearing to be.

"Killer! Horror! Over here now!" I shouted. Nightmare was already behind me along with Cross and Dust so I didn't need to call for them. 

"What's with the yelling?" I heard and saw Red standing there leaning on a wall.

"Shut up I didn't call for you!" I yelled before continuing on looking for the two that I called.

"Woah! What's with the attitude?" He said before Killer popped up with Horror close behind.

"You called?" Killer asked before noticing that I was angry. "Who pissed you off?" As this was happening Dream left to go talk to the others guiding Red away to talk.

"404 has taken Gradient.... so I'm a little mad." I said with a glare. Nightmare placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me down a bit which worked.

"We don't know where he could be. We need to do a search." He told the others and they gathered together like it was a meeting.

"Where do we start?" Horror asked looking at me as I groaned.

"I don't know! He was taken in the woods area, I assume we start there." I said as Lust popped in.

"Error, I can see that your stressed. Why don't we relax, over here." He guided me away to a corner leaving the others to talk. 

"Take a deep breath. Nice and easy. I know you're upset but yelling and panicking won't help you. In and out." He talked me through calming down and eventually my thoughts were less heated. Ink came over looking quite worried.

"Are you ok now Error? I heard what happened and came over knowing this effects you the most." I took another breath before nodding.

"Yeah... yeah I'm good now. Thanks Lust." 

"No problem," he said before walking away leaving just Ink and myself. He wasn't as flirty sounding as usual.

"Are you?" He asked, I actually looked at him noticing he was leaning over a bit and perked up when we made eye contact.

"Ink-" He put up a hand to stop me.

"I know you aren't exactly fond of me and you've been caring for Gradient with the other's help but we did bond while being stuck here. I care for his well-being also. I understand you're upset and I promise that I'll be helping you to find him. I'm his parent too." His words eased me a bit as I nodded in understanding. He smiled seeming to be relieved with my response.

We both looked over and noticed that there were more skeletons and it seems like there were two groups.

"Space Sans, what's going on?" Killer asked noticed half of the boney bodies were worried about something else. Ink and me walked over at this point.

"We still can't find Frisk, calls have been made and Undyne is looking everywhere along with some of the others since we said that they weren't here. What's going on over there?" He asked noticing the different groups. Seems there were two different concerns going on here at the moment.

"Gradient is missing, he was taken." Viper filled in and that's when it got loud. I covered my ears seeing the others trying to figure out what was going on and talking over each other.

"Everyone stop!" I heard from Dream and I sighed in relief when it was quiet. He looked over at the Classics.

"I don't think the human is lost or something like that. With Gradient missing I can only assume that Frisk has been taken as well. A good place to start searching for clues would be the woodsy area in the back," Dream said trying to get everyone to focus and work together. 

I was distracted though, I wanted Gradient back. He must be so scared right now. He's probably tied up and confused about what was happening. I was starting to glitch a bit and didn't really notice until a lamp that I accidentally touched glitched out for a moment. I reached out with my other hand catching it before it fell. Odd. My powers haven't really affected things in awhile.

I then had a thought that I kept to myself.

Soon we came up with the plan to head out in groups to cover ground and keep safe. When we all headed out I had wanted Sci to stay behind so he could watch over Paps but the smaller skeleton wasn't having it. He was too worried about his friends and insisted on going along.

The Outertale brothers and Lust brothers were going to stick with them just in case so they headed off. Dream, Dance, and the Underswap brothers went off in a different direction. Nightmare's group minus myself hurried off ahead, I told them I would catch up. Ink, Fresh, Red, and the Classics were in a group to see if they could find anyone in a different direction away from the woods. The reaper was with Viper, Fell, Pup, and Sugar leading them into the woods as well. 

Once they were all gone I opened up a screen.

▪︎Undertale.aa2▪︎

St.052-CT.1727-A.27

-Locations 

-Resets

-Entities

-Corruption 

Last time I couldn't do anything, this time I could open up more and immediately went to the Entities option. It was struggling to stay open though, like something was fighting against it. I immediately went down to Humans and selected Frisk. There was Info, Location, LV check, and etc. I went to Location. 

▪︎Frisk▪︎

-Location

The setting sun's warmth distracts from the horrible situation. The end of the old journey and start to a new life.

At first I was confused since I thought the Location option would be a more direct answer. But it seems like it shows what they felt about their current location.

"The end of the old journey and start to a new life?" I pondered for a bit before noticing the the shade of a tree covered me from the sun's rays. It was setting and the description mentioned the sun's warmth. They had to be somewhere open or somewhere high up. I looked around before I looked over towards the mountain. 

Mt. Ebott.

I shortcutted as close as I could to it before running towards the only spot I could think of. It felt like I was racing against a nonexistent clock. Then I saw them as I was going up. 

Anger flashed in me for a second as I thought of the torture I desperately wanted to inflict upon 404 right then and there.