130 - A Light Place pt.3

Author's note: Rushed, definitely rushed. Inspiration was leaving and I had to write what I could.

Swap and Lust looked to me for some kind of confirmation. I sighed and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, he's ok. We're... fine with him." I wasn't going to say safe because it just wouldn't be true. Anyone could harm us and I'm not exactly a fan of everyone's current presence.

"Do you have doubt?" Dream asked with a slight tilt of his head.

"I would be a fool to trust anyone blindly." I had my gaze trail to the side, where Ink was standing partially covered in shade. And now there was this version of Ink. What a pain. I can tolerate one, tried to kill another, and now I have a third one to deal with. My gaze narrowed in disdain and I saw Ink also narrow his gaze noticing my expression.

"What? Problem?" He asked and my irritation immediately jumped.

"Maybe," I said before Swap gave a nervous chuckle as he stepped in front blocking my view of Ink.

"Ok, well thank you for the help but we really should get going."

"Right, we need to get home so we'll just handle that," Lust said as I felt him tug at my clothing. These two could sense my tension pretty well. I can admire them trying to keep the situation calm.

"Wait, how will you get past that menace? I can assist-" Dream seemed concerned yet not really expressive at the moment.

"No, thank you but no. We need to go." I would've just grabbed the other two and try to leave, but someone had to speak.

"Oh please, you can't expect to get by that other Dream can you?" The other Swap asked, who I will just call Blue from now on.

"I'm pretty sure I can manage quite well," I said and he smirked.

"Oh yeah, 'cause you were doing really well earlier." I saw him scoff and sudden had the overwhelming urge to break some bones.

"Hey, we don't need to fight," Swap said which caused Blue to look at him. There was a slight shift in the air which made me glare at Blue, daring him to do something.

"I'm just saying, no need to be stubborn. I'm sure you understand what I think," Blue said acting like nothing was wrong.

Dream immediately ended the tension by spreading his wing shielding everyone from each other. I felt my annoyance simmer down and gave an unimpressed look to the bright figure. His powers were useful but rubbed me the wrong way, but it was probably for the best.

"That's enough. We are not enemies. Error, I understand you aren't exactly pleased but I do want to help you and your companions return to where you came from. But, at the moment, we're dealing with the issue you were acquainted with earlier." Dream was keeping the peace, which just didn't phase me or sway me much.

"I understand but I'm making this clear. Keep those two away from us and I'll be fine. I've dealt with enough as it is and I'll tell you right now that these two with me wouldn't be enough to stop me if it comes to it." Swap and Lust were good, but they weren't Nightmare, Fresh, or Gradient. I've already almost ended Dream and Blue just looked really punchable.

"That won't be necessary. I can assure you." I saw Dream look at his group with a stern gaze before letting his wing fold back to where it was earlier.

"I'll be the judge of that." I said before Dream stepped past us.

"Then please let us figure out a solution. Your companions are free to explore the area if they wish to relax.

"I don't-" I tried to protest the idea but got nudged.

"Sounds good, we will be ok Error. Just play nice with Dream ok?" Lust said with a grin but also with a concerned glance as he started pushing Swap to go and walk around. I watched a bit unsure as Ink and Blue went their own ways as well leaving me and the tall Dream alone.

My eyelight trailed over to him and saw he was already looking at me. I decided to ask him something.

"Why do you trust that I won't pull anything? I'm a stranger, could be an enemy..." I trailed off and he hummed a bit as if he were thinking.

"An enemy of my enemy is my friend. I trust you will see I mean no harm to you. Plus I can sense your unease, if you wanted to harm me I feel you would at least have the confidence in your skills to pull off something. Walk with me." Dream said and didn't wait before walking. I hesitated but felt like my choices were limited. I walked with him.

The area was odd, a bit familiar too. It was like walking through a castle, smooth walls, details, high ceilings, the usual stuff.

"So... why are you trying to help?" I inquired as we wandered by some large windows. The light filtering through was rather nice but being in an unfamiliar setting didn't ease me much.

"Is it that hard to believe that I simply wish to assist you?"

"...yes." I answered honestly. I didn't know him all that well so it was hard to trust my own knowledge.

"I see, well whether you believe my intentions to be good or not is up to you in the end.

"Hmm, why is he even here? In my opinion, he shouldn't be here." I asked referring to the other Dream that could've skewered me.

"I'm sure it must be confusing. But thanks to some.... let's say shenanigans... he was able to travel here. It's unclear what he wants but as you can see, his presence isn't appreciated."

"No kidding. Are you looking for assistance cause... I'm not sure about that."

"No, I wouldn't ask you to involve yourself with him. He's a danger to others and I don't need to pull innocent beings into my mess. We just... need an opening to get you and the others back home." Dream seemed to genuinely want to help but... I couldn't help but be skeptical. It was a habit at this point.

As we headed up some stairs I realized why this place felt familiar. Nightmare's domain. The layout was the same just a completely different vibe. My gaze went to another window we were passing and I could seeing there were different structures around.

"Was there any particular reason you wanted to have me walk with you?"

"Error I can feel emotions. I know of an Error already and he is a completely different entity compared to you. I simply believe a walk and a talk will ease your feelings and make your temporary a bit easier."

He spent time walking around, explaining some things going on, explaining his two companions, and answering my questions. We ended up rejoining the other two who thankfully looked fine, mostly. Swap looked a bit disturbed.

"You two good?" I asked giving Swap a look. He gave a slight shake of his head before perking up.

"Yep, this place is pretty nice! Nice and spacious plus it's pretty warm. Though I'm a bit tired."

"Yes, it's been a long day. I need my beauty rest," Lust said leaning on Swap.

Dream didn't hesitate to offer a place for us to rest up. He was quick to please yet not necessarily one to emote excitedly like the Dream I have gotten to know.

Once we were alone we were able to talk. And talk we did.