31 - Light talk

Author note: ......you guys were right I needed a mental break from posting a chapter everyday. This one is just a short something, you can ignore it if you want.

Its been a bit since Gradient had left and I decided to visit Underlust again. Why? I don't know. Something about that au really caught my attention and I know it's not the fun that they have because I myself am not a touchy person so it's not that. 

Though that doesn't help to explain why I was sitting in the snow. My gloves, scarf, and jacket removed with Lust sitting about five feet away just watching me. I think I blanked out for a second. Was the au making me hotter and I needed to cool down? No, I could feel a chill so that wasn't it. I wanted to cover up again but didn't.

"What interesting markings you have there." I heard Lust say before looking at the exposed bones of my arms. I never really gave it much thought but why did I have these gold markings? I don't remember Error having them.

"You don't think they're interesting?" He said when I didn't respond verbally.

"...not really." He shuffled a little closer but didn't try to get too close. 

"You seem to be lost in your head dear..."

"Stop that."

"...what's on your mind? Did something happen recently?"

I could've easily said that I had a kid and had to separate from them but the subject of children is one I wanted to avoid saying out loud.

"I guess you could say that." 

"Well I'm not gonna pry, just stay out of sight I guess. Some monsters have no self control. Lucky for you I do~."

"...stop that."

"I'm not doing anything but I may have figured out something."

"Oh yeah, what's that?"

"You, and hear me out first, you don't think all that great of yourself."

"......."

"Ok so you are listening. Well I just remembered what you said when we first met. I also see the way you look at your self. Those marks on you should be seen as a beautiful feature yet you don't even acknowledge it. Your self esteem is pretty low which is unacceptable." 

"What do you mean?"

"Not convinced? Alright then. You said something happened yet I bet this something has caused you to doubt yourself, that's one. You've said yourself that you're not the most welcoming to look at, that's two. You hide your marking with gloves even though you don't need them, that's three. You respond to compliments negatively which mean that they are not common or you've been given compliments as a way for people to get close for their own wants, that's four."

I was stunned for a moment that this Sans, Lust of all Sanses, was able to see and point things out like that despite barely knowing each other. 

"By your face Error I can tell I hit at least one nail on the skull. You come here because I'm your opposite. I'm not shy, I have nothing to really hide. I look good and I embrace it, I don't really care what the other monsters think of me." 

"......maybe you're right. Mostly."

"Mostly? I know I'm a hundred percent right."

".....sure." Him saying that he had nothing to hide, I don't believe that for one reason. I know this au, this au isn't exactly the best. Some of the things that have happened are horrible. Thing I won't say out loud. Even though we've only met for a bit I don't want Lust to suffer. But, I couldn't do anything in risk of disrupting the balance.

Eventually we did part ways and I headed back to the domain. I just wanted to relax and not think about anything right now. Tomorrow I have a lot to do and I couldn't let a lack of rest hinder my job. 

I grabbed my glasses and picked up a book before starting to read. Anything to pass the time really, I think I've read this one already. I couldn't remember, if I did it must have been boring. If not it's start is pretty generic. I was pretty lost in the story after a while and dosed off with Lust's word floating through my thoughts.