132 - A Light Place pt.5

Author's note: To be honest these weeks I've been lazy with chapter titles.

I was able to get some sleep, thankfully. I was going to be grumpy other wise. I didn't fear that flying Swapdream menace in terms of strength. I'm pretty sure with my soul and powers I am able to overpower him. My issue was his unpredictability. I knew next to nothing and he was rather fast. He seemed to be the type to enjoy the chase. 

Not a good thing.

It appears that Night was quite eager to leave since he woke me and had me slip out with him before the sun rose. I didnt even disagree,  just silently followed him. A bad habit of mine that seemed to not be going away. Off into the unknown with not much of a plan.

There was not much for conversation either. We just walked at a speedy pace in the darkness before the dawn. Night really was just a version of Nightmare but still similar none the less. We didn't need to talk much to understand what had to be done. When we were headed away from structures and towards the outer open area I had a suspicion of where we were heading. 

"I apologize for this." I said as I reached over and grabbed his shoulder before using a shortcut to end up at the ravine. I remember that is looked like a recent disturbance so figure it was worth a shot guessing. I kept my hand in place when Night swayed a little only letting go when he steadied himself.

"Was that necessary?"

"Do you want to go home faster?" I asked in reply and he went silent before walking ahead.

"This way."

"Thought so," I muttered as I followed him. He walked towards the edge of the ravine and looked down. He might've been debating how to get down and I summoned a glitchy blaster. Easy way is the best way. Night looked at me surprised and I just sat on the boney skull. 

"Now or later, up to you. It's safe." I muttered and he was quick to get on without a fuss. I had the blaster float down into the ravine, keeping a hand out to control the skull. We floated through the ravine before arrived at a spot the was more flat and dirt than rocky. 

"I'm pretty sure it was here." 

"Excellent," I said as I got off the blaster. I heard Night get off as well and wasted no time getting to work. I reached back and my strings grabbed him before tugging him to be in front of me. I spread out the strings and he was effectively held in place.

"What are you doing? Is this necessary?"

"Very much so. I don't know how much of a discomfort this will be for you, you make lovely bait strung up like that, and I find it easier to work when others can't move. Time is not our friend right now, all I can do is say my sorrys and pardons but that's all you're getting from me right now." 

With that I shot another string to his chest and carefully felt what I was looking for before pulling out his soul. He could only stare in slight shock and I snapped my fingers in front of him to make him blink.

"I know this is all sudden but I'm going to need you to not zone out. Other times I would used my magic normally but I don't have the time to be acting patiently." With his soul in front of me I opened up a screen next to it reading off the information. 

"Let's see. Au... Swapdream... status stable, lucky you. Hmm, alright." I was muttering to myself as I looked over the aus information. Now normally I couldn't figure out the aus I traveled to that had the patterned golden borders. But I wasn't trying to find out this au, I was finding another. 

The sky was beginning to lighten and I put his soul back inside him as I stared at the screens.

"...How often do you do this kind of stuff?"