77 - Park Mess

It's been about a week since the night time picnic and I confinded in the others about what I discovered with Dream's soul. I checked our little group as a result, with permission, and everyone was fine though Nightmare was reluctant. However, a huge weight of worry was off my shoulders now.

Around now Gradient, Pap, and the Classics were out with Toriel and the human. She wanted to take the kids to the park after school and I saw no issue with it. I was with the Horrortale brothers and the Lust brothers. Odd combo but everyone seemed to be chill at the moment. The Lust brothers each had a notebook and was either writing or drawing. The Horrortale brothers were like me, watching TV.

Only when Fell and Stretch walked in did a conversation perk up.

"Good day everyone, nothing happening?" Stretch asked.

"Not really," I answered not looking away from the screen.

"I see... isn't that Dust's jacket?" Stretch asked and I glanced down for a moment before looking back at the screen.

"Yes it would appear to be Dust's jacket."

"Why on earth do you have that Sans's jacket?" Fell asked and Lust perked up.

"Jacket rule, it's been about a week."

"Jacket rule? What's that?" Stretch asked with a bone brow raised. This time his lust counterpart responded.

"Jacket rule, you don't ask for it back you don't get it back. Those are the rules."

"I didn't think about it but yeah," I said tugging the sleeves of said jacket further down to partially cover my hands.

"Huh, interesting." Stretch shrugged before plopping down in a seat, Fell followed taking a seat in a chair. It went back to silence but that silence didn't really last long.

"Error," Fell said catching my attention immediately, "I've been wanting to ask you something for a bit. Only now I've managed to figure out how to word it correctly without sounding... offensive."

"I- ok, what did you want to ask?" I didn't expect the kinda intimidating Papyrus to have a question but I was curious.

"Well if I remember correctly you said you had two separate lives, one as a human that was aware of us and one as a different Error."

"That is correct."

"Did humans, in your human life, not have magic? I was aware the the humans that fell into the underground had different soul traits so I was wondering if it was the same or if one was... fundamental weaker than the other."

"I... huh. OK. So, in my human life their are no soul traits. No one can pull out their soul and see a colored heart. I guess in a way that would make us weaker, knowing your soul trait would help with figuring out more about yourself and how to be better. If I had a specific soul trait I wouldn't know, I was damaged. Why do you ask if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well I've been trying to understand humans better to be more prepared when we eventually return home. As the Terrible Papyrus, head of the royal guard, it is my responsibility to learn as much as I can. Though human are a bit more complicated than I realized."

"Yeah they are, I'll try to answer what I can though if you have any other questions." I wasn't sure if I could handle a variety of questions but I wanted to have the option to talk open.

"Well~ Since we're asking questions Error~" I heard from Lust and groaned.

"Oh no."

"Relax its nothing crazy," Lust rolled his eye lights before continuing, "in your past human life were you ever in a relationship? Like an actual relationship with a loving partner?" That was an unexpected question.