67 - Enlighten

Rays of light brought me out of my sleep as I groaned a bit. I had to squint because of the light and ducked head down a bit to avoid the direct contact to my sockets. I noticed I few things immediately.

One was that I was warmer than usual, Nightmare was still against my form. Two, I haven't moved from my spot since I last sat here. Three, we weren't alone. The rest of the gang were here including Gradient. I don't know when they got here or how long it's been but the room had a heavy feel to it, everyone was sleeping.

Gradient was asleep on my bed with their head on Cross's lap. He was sleeping against the headboard with a hand on Gradient's shoulder. Dust was on the floor leaning against the bed and was closest to the door. Killer was just sprawled in the middle of the room with a pillow and blanket. I could see the glint of his knife peeking out from under the pillow. Horror was the closest with his head on Nightmare's bed, arms folded and head down to block out the sunlight. 

It was a touching sight. 

Carefully and slowly I started to move. I had to really focus as I gently moved Nightmare off of me and lowered him so he was laying down. Once I made sure he was comfortable and covered up I eased my way to the door. I wasn't trying to sneak out of anything but I was hungry since I missed dinner and waking up the other might wake the rest of the house if no one is awake. 

I took my time heading down and eventually caught the scent of something cooking. I couldn't even try sneaking a peek at the kitchen since Stretch was already waiting Once I reached the bottom step.

"Good morning Error. My bro is making breakfast tacos, care for some?" Even though it was a question it didnt sound like a request.

"Uh, sure."

"Good," he said before directing me to the dining room. I sat in my usual seat and rested my arms on the table before putting my head down. I heard one of the chairs move across from me but didn't look up assuming it was Stretch. 

"Brother I've told you to stay by the door! What if- Oh! Error you're up. Hold on one second!" I heard Blue's footsteps and pushed myself up to sit properly before he returned with a plate of breakfast tacos and a mug. "Here, something warm will definitely make you feel better and some coffee to wake up." 

He placed the stuff down before occupying the chair next to mine, I thought he would sit across with his brother but I guess not. I gazed at the tacos for a moment feeling hunger win me over. Eating one of the tacos and sipping on some coffee had me already feeling a bit better than I was originally. 

Blue sighed after a bit which caught my attention so I looked at him and gestured for him to speak. Something was clearly on his mind. Bottling it up wasn't going to help.

....I feel like a hypocrite.

"Look Error I know we aren't exactly the closest but I don't believe we were ever enemies. I thought you didn't even see me as a threat and worked harder because of it. Well not just you but... yeah you know. But now that I know that you've had a different life maybe you never saw me as an enemy because you knew me, more than I realized. I uh... I know that I personally never did anything to past you but I still want to apologize. I might have done nothing but that was a me that hurt you." 

I held up a hand to stop him seeing where he was going with it.

"You shouldn't have to apologize for someone else's doing. But I know you feel guilty and I accept your apology. You have done no wrong to me. You clearly are upset by what I revealed and I'm sorry you had to experience my... less than proper... attitude. I'm not upset with you, I never was. I would've stepped in sooner if I was aware sooner but...." It would have lead to an Error kidnaps Swap situation and I didn't want that.