129 - A Light Place pt.2

"Not Dream?" Swap was confused but soon noticed what I did. I was quick to Lust's side grabbing onto his coat. The 'Dream' above us stared down at us with mismatched eyes and an off putting grin.

"Oh? But I am Dream. Now why don't I help you out of there?" He reached down a hand like an offering, one I wasn't taking.

"Nope." I quickly grabbed Swap and shortcutted our group back to the hill. I quickly pulled the two behind the rock and pressed my own back to it looking panicked. Lust was quick to notice my distress.

"Error?! What's wrong?"

"Ok, listen, look I don't know which... one that is-" Swap was quick to notice what said.

"Which one? What do you-" I interrupted him.

"Shush! Look- I just- he's not.... there are some aus that I just don't know all that well. But what I do know is that is not a good one. At least I'm pretty sure. I'll explain in more detail later but right now we can't be here."

"Why didn't we go to that structure?" Lust asked gesturing towards the place we saw in the distance.

"Because it's an unknown location! We just need to go back to the woods so I can- ack!" I felt a yank and found my feet were no longer touching the ground. My back was still on the rock and I looked seeing my hood was snagged.

"There's no need to run, I could easily catch up you know." The alternate Dream had a good hold on my hood and looked down at the group amused.

"Error!" Swap went to attack but I held my hand out to stop him.

"Don't!" I spoke like an order and Swap stopped. I winced as I was pulled up a bit more. I had to get them out of this mess and fast.

"No, go ahead. I'd like to see you try." The skeleton above me chuckled. I had to get free before he did something to me, to them.

"Sorry Lust," I muttered before adjusting and raising my arms up, slipping myself free. The hoodie was no longer on me and in the other skeleton's hold. He looked surprised as I summoned a glitchy blaster and fired it at him. I saw a flash of yellow go up to the sky and immediately grabbed the other two before doing another shortcut to the woods.

"Error-"

"I'm fine! We need to leave! Run!" I pushed Swap to run and did the same with Lust so he didn't fall behind. Thankfully, they listened and ran down the incline into the woods. I looked back seeing that the flying menace was above baring his blue hued weapon. He didn't look happy despite the grin on his face. I quickly darted into the woods after the other two. 

I ran like my life depended on it, which as far as I'm concerned it did, and caught up to the duo. Blue was patting Lust's back as the sassy skeleton was a bit hunched over. I lightly pushed them so they can at least keep moving.

As we entered the thick of it I had them step off to the side and we hid in the greenery. I leaned against a tree and closed my eyes focusing on my breathing. In and out. Breath in, hold, let it out. 

"Dear, are you ok? We need to know what's going on." Lust said a bit breathless as he had a hand to his heaving chest.

"I know, I know, it's just hard to explain. Ok so... we know how Nightmare and Dream are like right?" I asked and Swap nodded.

"Right, so this has to do with them?" Lust gave Swap a look when he heard that.

"Swap, we faced a Dream with wings. I'm pretty sure it involves them." I nodded with what Lust said.

"Yeah, I'm a bit mixed up but there's two... three... alternative versions that I know of and the one we saw is one of two possibilities."

"Three?!"