117 - Bouncing Around

"Ok brah I'm all done." I heard and peeked an eyelight open to see Fresh stretching his arms up dramatically as he stepped out of the smaller room. He seemed to be in a pretty good mood overall even having a bit of pep in his step. I moved my legs when he went to sit only to put them right back where I had them. 

It was a small action but he seemed to get giddy over it having a small freak out without even moving around. 

"....I miss Geno." I said suddenly which gained Fresh's attention.

"Really? Well he was a good brah." He said while leaning back resting his hands behind his head. His head tilted slightly towards me.

"Yeah... I miss Gaster and the others a little too. It's been a bit and it's hard to forget people that were around during big moments. I don't want them to think I've forgotten them... I don't want to barge in and possibly ruin something going on. They have their own lives now and... I don't know. It's dumb to think of this and I don't know why I'm even telling you this. You are this... annoying piece of work that constantly just..." I sighed and continued, "but you bring out something by just being here..."

"Aww brah, I know I'm the bestest bestie out there." He said while doing a small shimmy in his spot making me roll my eyes.

"God... so annoying." I huffed out and he chuckled.

"Hehe, you love it."

"I dont." 

"Liar."

"Die."

"Not happening." 

I didn't respond after that seemingly fine with the silence that fell between us. It was never really an awkward silence around Fresh, a skill I wish I had myself. Fresh will forever be an odd one to me.

"Ya'know, if you ever decide to go back then don't forget me. I want to see the broski too," he said while adjusting his shades.

"Fine, I can do that." 

"Rad, shall we bounce?"

"Probably " I muttered before moving my legs and getting up. Frssh did a quick look around to make sure he didn't forget anything before we headed back to the house.

"So do you think any freaky stuff's going to go down soon?"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked giving him a strange look which he shrugged at.

"Well... something happenings usually, just wonderin' if there's anything else in the furture."

"What could be worse than 404, glitchtale, and my old multiverse?" I asked recalling recent events that happened with me since I don't really know if anything happened in my absence.

"Hey it doesn't have to be something horrible, something radical could happen!"

"Like what?"

"I don't know brah, the possibilities are endless. The world is an oyster... or whatever that one saying is."

"You are optimistic."

"Hehe nah, you're just pessimistic." He countered before ducking to avoid my hand smacking his head. 

Back at the house we joined up with the others that were still around. It really was just a quick visit for me though since once Gradient returned we headed back. Before leaving however I gave Sans a quickly made charm that he could use to get my attention when he had more details for that Halloween thing. 

Returning to Nightmare's realm Gradient went to bed and I had some mindless down time drinking a hot chocolate and watching TV with Horror. A favorite hobby at this point.

I only stayed in Nightmare's domain for a couple of days before I ended up going to the Doodle-Sphere to see if there were more weird aus.

There were.

I found one hidden among the fell aus and searched for Ink. To my luck he just appeared in front of me from leaping out of one of his portals and was surprised to see me.

When I told Ink about the one odd au I found he brought it to the others he managed to find, there weren't a lot. We just decided that we can be real quick and check out one every few days give or take just to see what it was and take note of it. In a span of a couple weeks it's been interesting bouncing around.

The first one was similar to a western. Desert, heat, dried plants, and more to be considered a classic wild west kind of world if out attire was anything to go by. I had the absolute joy in seeing Ink getting bucked off a horse multiple times before he finally gave up. I refused to try since I wasn't going near an animal that could easily cave my face in if it wanted to. To leave that world we just wandered back into the mineshaft we ended up in and set some things down to be able to leave.

The next world was like a medieval world, something with a kingdom. We were very careful about this one since we immediately noticed our clothing was not normal, not  low class, and not even traveler type. However the town we found seemed pretty empty and the castle we went to was also pretty barren. We considered this a lost kingdom kind of world, or a fantasy, since we didn't really risk exploring any further than that. Fixing some armor sets we were able to leave.

The third one we went to was like a mix of the first two. A hot kingdom, Arabian fantasy kind of. Again we didn't do much besides hang around an oasis but I enjoyed watching Ink fail at riding a camel. I notice he doesn't have luck with creatures all that well and it was hilarious. However, I did enjoy the atmosphere of this place despite the heat. Over a dune we spotted what looked like civilization way off in the distance but that wasn't a trip we were going to try. Overall the area was really nice with trinkets and other things. We fixed up a fallen statue and was able to leave.

The fourth one was more of a jungle world. I had mixed feelings about this since we were giant half snakes, nagas I believe. I could be wrong with my guess, I'm not a creature expert. It definitely was a reminder of that ocean world with me struggling a bit to learn how to move and get use to my adjusted body. Again we didn't explore too much, we found an old temple and learned from some carvings that this jungle was dominant of snake beings. Us and the rest I'm guessing. Though it was overrun with vines. Clearing some we found a spot to push in like a puzzle and we were able to leave.

Each world seemed to have an easy task or gimmick of some kind in order for us to leave. Odd but I haven't ran into issue yet.

The fifth world, I don't know. I didn't go to it since Sans has used his charm to call for me and I put the adventuring on hold. Ink didn't want to go alone so he agreeing to wait until I was ready.

In the classic au Sans had me go with him and the kid to the school to see what was going to happen. Frisk and their classmates that wanted to help was able to use two classrooms since they were joined by a door. I listened as the other two kids explained what they wanted to do in excited tones and mostly nodded along since this was their festival. 

They had ideas just didn't know how to execute them. I had to remind myself multiple times that this event was for children so I couldn't go too crazy with what ideas I had festering in my mind. But I would at least try to give them memories. Upon learning I could use strings they seemed excited with ideas on how to scare people.

Of course Frisk wasn't left out. After a few ideas they would look at the kid and would either get double thumbs up or an unsure maybe gesture as an answer. 

Toriel was present to help out about halfway through the discussion making sure to remind everyone of what was and wasn't allowed. Unfortunately one was no amounts of fake blood, but I could somewhat understand that since this was a school. Parents probably wouldn't be thrilled if there was a lot of gore in front of their kids. 

Overall once they got through what they wanted I wrote it down and took it with me to remember for the actually festival day. It was fun have a side project that honestly didn't matter much to me. It wasn't something I had to do but it was something I wanted to do. For fun. 

When I got back to Nightmare's domain I wandered to the sound of shouting and was entertained by the sight of the others playing a card game. It was a game night and it was never a tame experience so I don't know why they kept doing it. They probably just enjoy the chaos that came with playing a simple game together. I know I was definitely used to it by now.

I was more than ok with that.