P - Before the End

'What happened?'

'Where am I?'

'What's going on?'

These were the thoughts of a panicked soul floating in nothingness, cracked, drained of color, and on the verge of shattering. The soul felt cold and tired but oddly enough not scared, just startled. Looking around the emptiness reminded them of being in the ocean. Deep, dark, and endless. Thinking of that large body of water brought a chill to them. They didn't like it but why? Why can't they remember-

Oh.

Wait.

They did remember.

-flashback-

I stared down at the river below me, the water looking more and more tempting. I did everything right yet it wasn't enough. My parents were loving but their expectations for me were way too high. I could only handle so much yet to them my tiredness was just me being lazy. My peers didn't really care about me either. They just wanted to be around me for the reputation. 

I wasn't going to jump though, I might hate life right now but that would too selfish of me. To just leave my parents like that after everything they've done for me. Besides if I was going to go out in this world I'd rather it be for a good reason. Little did I know that was coming sooner than I expected.

I liked coming out to the bridge though especially at night. When the sky was clear and the weather is just right the stars reflect off the water like a mirror showing the same view from above without me having to look up. It was peaceful yet everyone local knew that the water was very deep and made sure kids didn't play near it. I liked that since the water wasn't littered from decarded toys or snack wrappers.

My peace was interupted when I heard the sound of feet pounding on the ground and getting louder. It seemed to be multiple people. Looking over I saw a figure running towards me with two others behind them. It could've been some teens just trying to get home on time but considering that I found myself with a knife to my throat and looking into the eyes of two police officers I appear to be very off. I felt the metal nick at my skin causing fear started to build up. I could tell I was trembling since one of the officers tried to give me a reassuring gaze. What ever was being said I couldn't hear, blood was pumping in my ears along with a dull ringing that was only getting louder.

What was I supposed to do? I didn't want to die, I wasn't expecting my night to end up like this! I feel the pain getting worse and the ringing was clearing up though I wish it hadn't. The guy holding me captive sounded absolutely delirious screaming about how 'this was the way' and 'how everything was in his plan'. By the way he said 'his' I can only imagine he means God in which case I'm screwed. The next moments happened too fast but I remember a loud bang, a chill going through my body, then free falling before a loud splash.

I was enveloped in cold. I couldn't move it was like something was stopping me. I could only stare up as the water around me turning a bit red and darkness came from the corners of my vision. Bubbles escaped from and my lungs burned before everything went still and my eyes shut for the last time.

-end of flashback-

I died. That's right. It's still a bit fuzzy but I hit the water and everything went dark. Like how it is now. 

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt something constrict around me. I couldn't fight or struggle since a was very disoriented but I felt my body- body? Form? Form. I felt my form get pulled into a certain direction. When I came to a stop I saw..... strings? Blue strings to be exact.

"What is a soul doing here? Almost shattered too." I heard a deep yet glitchy voice say. I looked up following the strings and made 'eye contact' with a familiar looking skeleton.