143 - Sneaking Entity

"You want to talk..." I was processing that for a bit. Fresh was such a wildcard. A talk could range from he found a cool rock to the multiverse was falling apart as we speak. I wasn't looking forward to it.

However, I doubted it was too serious since he was in the same position and hasn't bothered to sit up. He was still in a relaxed state.

"Dare I ask, what about?" I spoke up and he raised a hand up, moving it as he talked.

"Just been noticing something that I think should be on your radar. I know you're a busy brah but I think you should know anyways." That wasn't a clear answer and I groaned a bit.

"Are you going to keep being vague?"

"Maybe." He teased, stretching the word out a bit.

"Fresh-" I huffed and heard him chuckle.

"Hey hey chill brah. I don't think it's that serious. Yet."

"That 'yet' is something I'd rather avoid. What have you noticed?" I asked moving my head to properly look at the menace near me.

"I think we got some new broskis." There was a moment of silence before I responded.

"What? What do you mean? Did Ink make another unnecessary au? I'll get rid of it if that's the case." I grumbled thinking about Ink possibly making too many aus. I didn't necessarily want to do another 'purge' but I will if I had to.

Maybe I'll go dispose of some aus anyways, just because.

"Nah. I mean I've been noticing that some peeps, or just one, has been going all up everywhere."

"Fresh, I'm going to need more than that," I said raising a bone brow.

"That's all I got though. They're slippery! Slinky! Sneaky! Another word that starts with 'S'! I tried broski."

"What do you mean by that? We're they fast?"

"Nah... well maybe. It's like they knew when someone's hanging around so they'd dip before I can get there. I just wanted to say sup, nothing more. So unrad if you ask me."

"I didn't ask but that's definitely concerning. So either someone is sneaking around for one reason or another..."

"Or?" Fresh pressed knowing what my pause was meaning.

"Or, there's an intruder in my multiverse and they know they aren't supposed to be here."

"So whacha gonna do brah?"

"Right now? Nothing." I could sworn I heard a record scratch sound. Fresh sat up looking surprised.

"Wha- nothing?! Brah, usually you go right away to solve an issue yet you're not? What's happening?"

"Fresh, relax. It's nothing complicated. I see no point in investigating yet. No crime or problem has been committed. I don't want to cause whoever it is to act just because I pursued. It could be harmless. I'm not going to investigate until it becomes a noticeable issue."

"Huh. Ok... you feeling fine?"

"Yes Fresh. I will be alert for this unknown presence but for now, I won't do anything."

"Hmm, ok!" Fresh laid back down. I would have to tell Nightmare about what Fresh informed me about. A stranger could possibly be roaming our multiverse. I didn't need some critical event to happen yet I would trust that I don't need to jump at the chance to go hunting for them. If they're a threat then they'll make their intentions known soon enough.

I looked over at Fresh and hit his hat off his head.

"Ok, go bug someone else. I still have things to do and as much as I would love to lay here for hours I wanted finished something today."

"Aww can't I stay?"

"No. You're distracting. Bye." I snapped my fingers and watched as he yelped, falling through the portal that opened below him. I knew he was going to be fine. I just didn't want him to see my concern. I did not like what he told me. There was a possibility that someone who didn't belong was roaming around doing gods knows what.

It was irritating.

Extremely so.

I resisted the urge to start opening windows to start searching. If this individual could sense when someone was approaching their location then they could probably sense if I tried to watch them. It was just a possibility but it was better to be careful. Instead I focused on just finishing up my cleaning.

Eventually I got around to telling Nightmare what Fresh told me and he said he'd be more aware. After about a few days I also informed Ink and Dream.

The positive skeleton just happened to be around Ink when I popped up to talk. Convenient for me since I wasn't even sure if I was going to end up telling him. He made that decision easy for me.

The four of us were now aware and on the same page. A rare moment for sure.

I wasn't expecting Dream to stick around. I went through a portal to an au and Dream followed me through. I stared at him in uncertainty and confused. He also stared before he blinked and realized why my gaze was so intently on his form.

"Oh! Don't mind me. I just didn't want to stay with Ink. I've worked with him so long, I need a break at times too." He rubbed the back of his neck and I waved him off.

"Eh, you're fine. I get it. I won't question you, yet."

"Thanks. I won't get in your way." He said as he walked with me.

"That remains to be seen." I muttered. Things were happening and I felt better that I wasn't the only one ready for whatever was coming.