91 - Batophobia

Author's note: Sorry if this feels rushed. I'm just trying to get through this.

I watched over Chara as they slept feeling a bit bad for what he was going to go through. He was a strong kid and would be able to handle what comes his way but I still felt bad that I would not be able to protect him. They had to fight Asriel in order to gain the ability to use the hate to their advantage. 

I heard a groan and looked to see Chara opening their eyes. He looked confused before pushing himself up and seeing me.

"Uh... hey?" He sounded confused.

"Hey, you doing ok?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm doing ok." He looked over out the window seeing a bright day. He looked confused yet at peace. I heard the door open and got up from my seat when I saw Toriel. Her gasp gained Chara's attention and I walked towards the door as Toriel rushed over to hug Chara. I saw Asgore also by the door, he looked to be in better condition. 

"I'm glad you're ok Chara." The king said.

"Hey dad," Chara responsed looking happy.

"Chara if you don't mind me asking. What were you doing down there. Asgore and I just heard a big explosion coming from Gaster's lab. Before we could get there Error had said you two passed out..... we were worried." I barely remember that happening I was in a rush moving back and forth.

"I don't... really remember what I was doing." The human said as Gaster walked up. They were both confused but reassured by Asgore. I left the room to let them talk. I needed to prepare for anything that might happen. 

Down to the lab I went.

I had one idea that seemed better than the others I had and it was my only shot. Gaster would be busy once he noticed the vial in his pocket and that gives me until the next day. I entered the room where Sans was and opened up the container, after making sure it wouldn't kill him if I did, and hovered my hand over his chest. I felt for his soul which took awhile before taking it out. 

It felt worse than what it looked like. It was still in one piece but looked so empty. Error, the real Error, managed to hold my soul together. I wonder if I could do the same even if it's so fragile. I brought out my strings and carefully wrapped up the soul. The strings were in place and I put his soul back. Hopefully that did something. I could still feel the strings so I'll know if something happens. 

I waited a bit before heading up to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be it.

During the morning I headed outside and walked down the road a bit so I could see if there were any pink blobs nearby. Anyways I can make things easier for everyone I'll take it. But to my disappointment there was nothing yet. My powers might've caused me discomfort in this au but I needed to get rid of the pent up energy. 

When I looked back and saw Chara waving me down from their spot on the sidewalk so I went back. I could see Asgore and Toriel exit as well. There were going to their home first before they left for the arena. After a bit Jessica came out with Gaster and before he could say anything I was already in the vehicle that came for Jessica sitting with my arms crossed.

I wasn't going to stay behind, Papyrus was capable of taking care of him and his brother just fine. Though a part of me wished I did. The ride to where we need to meet up was tense. Gaster looked like he didn't get a wink of sleep last night and I know things were tense between him and Jessica.

I had my eyes closed leaning my side against the wall of the moving vehicle. It was an uncomfortable position but most car ride rests were uncomfortable. But I wasn't going to get involved with this terrible attempt at a conversation.