137 - Stressed Mind

Author's note: I wanted to share art... that's all I'll say on that. I'll share it eventually.

At this current moment the idiot trio were watching me have a bit of a spiral pacing back and forth in the kitchen. I might have dug a hole for myself and I wasn't sure what I was going to do. The answer was probably obvious but I was too far in my own head to think.

"So... you going to say whats on your mind yet?" Killer asked only to step a bit behind Horror as my attention snapped to him.

"I am not in the mood for your- you- ...no your attitude. I need to figure out what I'm going to do because god forbid I bring him here-"

"Oh a guest? Wait, why are you expecting a guest?" Killer asked sounding intrigued but confused. I groaned and continued to move around while Dust was leaning against the wall looking unsure.

"I'm more concerned about what kind of guest would make Error nervous." Upon hearing Dust's comment Horror looked away from my pacing form.

"So, not Ink?"

"I doubt it," Dust said with a scoff.

"Maybe the reaper?" Killer guessed but saw no change in my reactions.

"Nah, Error wouldn't be nervous about that guy.... I think," Dust said.

I didn't notice Horror had approached me until a light nudge stopped my movement. He paused for a bit seeing no further reactions when I looked at him and he gave a slight push so I was sitting down instead of standing.

"Breathe. Please. Take a moment." Horror attempted to helped and I did as he suggested taking a breather. Once I was visibly calm he asked a question.

"What's the issue?" 

"I wouldn't call it an issue, yet. Well, after that whole thing with the Underfell brothers a few days ago it reminded me that I needed to visit people. To keep connections and such. So while visiting... someone... I mentioned how I'll see them when I could and they suggested that maybe they could visit me instead. Without thinking I agreed before coming back and realized what I agreed to." I rubbed at my temple fighting back the inconveniencing headache that loved to creep up on me.

"And you can't say no? Or tell them you change your mind?" Horror asked and I stuffed my hands into my pockets once the slight pang at the side of my skull subsided.

"I don't want to say no to them," I admitted to them.

"Are you going to keep being vague about who it is?" Killer asked and I gave a weak glare.

"Yes, because I don't know what your reactions would be and I don't know if I even want him to come here to Nightmare's domain of all places." 

"Eh, that's fair." Dust said wandering over before taking a seat himself.

"What? Are you ashamed of us?" Killer asked and I deadpanned.

"Very."

"Ouch. What did I do?" Killer asked in mock hurt but I didn't change my tone.

"I have a list."

"Oh come on," he said a bit dramatic and I shook my head.

"Oh its not just you. I don't want him seeing any of you. For various reasons. Nothing against you guys, wouldn't want other buddies, care for you all, yada yada but some things I'd just rather not expose to everyone."

"Fair." Horror said agreeing with my thoughts.

"So... who is it?" Killer asked and I stayed silent thinking of what to say. He took my silence in a different way.

"Are you really not going to tell us?"

"Shush. I'm just trying to figure out how I want to address him as."

"...is he that important to you?" Dust asked.

"Yep, ugh I'm just trying to figure out what to do. He coming tomorrow since he's free then." 

"Busy guy, at least that's a clue." Killer said and I sighed a bit.

"Right, sorry, it's Gaster. From that Glitchtale au I told you I was stuck in."

"Gaster?" The three asked at the same time though I could hear each had a different tone in how it was said.

"Look long story short, I don't know if you do or don't have memories of a monster named Gaster, don't tell me, but I know that he knows Sans and Papyrus really really well. At least the ones of his au. I don't want him to see you and... it a mess I want to avoid if anything. Ok? I just... I value his presence and I want Gradient to meet him I just don't know if I'm ready for this visit. I'm used to going to places I want and now I'm hosting someone essential. I don't host. I visit or I take over but never have I hosted. This isn't my place, I'm not asking Nightmare about this, I'm not taking him to the Anti-Void because that's a whole other thing I don't want to get into, and I'm not taking him to Classic's au for another reason."

"Error." Dust said snapping his fingers to get my attention abd stop the wirds that were spilling out. 

"It's clear you're stressed so listen to me for a bit before you mentally jump off another cliff. Why don't you take him to Outertale since I'm sure that he would enjoy seeing a spot you like a lot. You say he's important to you, so you should be important to him and he'll want to see your likes. Your life? Eh, work in progress. But definitely your likes."

"Maybe later you can show him your spot in the Anti-Void if you get comfortable enough or you can see Sci since out of everyone he would probably be the best one to meet first." Horror suggested after Dust.

"And just take the kid with you and there you go. You have a day out." Killer said. I stared at the three around me and nodded. It was actually really helpful hearing them and my thoughts felt clearer now.

"Alright then... with that being said each of you get a free favor from me."

"Wait what?" Dust seemed to buffer a bit not expecting that.

"You serious?!" Killer leaned forwards wanting to make sure he heard me. Horror was the only one to take the information quietly.

"I was on the brink of glitching out this kitchen if I spiraled further. Your ideas aren't bad, they're pretty good. I feel like I should be able to reward you three," I said to justify my reasoning for my decision.

"You don't have to-"

"Dust, shut up. I'm saving that favor for later, once I can think of something." Killer seemed giddy before he left the kitchen. Dust groaned a bit, rolling his eyes, before giving me a nod and heading off also. Either he was going to talk with Killer or go do something else. Horror stayed behind. 

"Is Gaster... nice?" Horror asked after a bit of silence and I looked unsure.

"I mean he isn't mean unless he has a reason to dislike someone. He can be cold but he cares alot. I respect him." 

"Hmm, ok. I'll think about that favor for a bit... I'm not as excited about it as Killler but I can see the potential ideas." 

"You can take your time Horror. Either in five minutes or five years. You want something then I'll do what I can." 

"I see... want hot chocolate?" 

"Wait, we got more?" I asked and Horror took that as his cue to make the hot beverage. I was definitely still tense about spending the day with Gaster but I couldn't deny that I was looking forward to it. The hot chocolate would definitely help me relax more.

I hoped Gradient liked him and that Gaster likes him in return. I won't know until tomorrow.