99 - Reaching Out

Author note: I'm saying this so people can be reminded. I update at max once a week or at minimum the next day. I'll admit the reason I feel a need to say this.... I'm petty. Anyways on an unrelated note random question, what is your fanfiction pet peeve? I'm just curious since I have my own and everyone is different.

My selection on who was going to survive has gotten bigger when I took the moments to think. I can't just pick a small handful and be done with it after all. Well, I mean I could but I would get less support. Before anyone could catch wind of me being here I needed to get to who I could.

To play it safe I went to Reapertale, alone, and managed to get close with one of the gods. It was an interesting experience.

I saw nothing necessarily wrong with Reapertale but decided to not involve myself with the Sans of that au. There's only so much I can handle with him and I'm not willing to test the death touch here. This lead me to meeting an interesting individual. 

I wanted to take a break from looking around so I perched myself up between two old pillars. By perched I just had my strings to relax on. This one action was enough to gain someone's attention. 

"It's not often I see other beings use strings, so similar to webs." I looked around hearing a female voice and saw Muffet, goddess of Fortune in this au if I remembered correctly. She had on a lot of gold and her dress was made of webs, I'm pretty sure Lust and his bro would've gone nuts over how it looked. 

"Who are you and what brings you here? I think I would remember someone like you, are you here to pray? Probably not given your power..." 

She wasn't hostile towards me, more fascinated from what I could see, and I decided to shoot my shot asking if she wanted to assist me. Surprisingly she didn't ask too many questions as I explained everything but she wanted gold, which I should've expected. I didn't need her to fight but having another god on my side was good. 

I basically secured a safe spot for us in Reapertale. 

She was very aware of my similarities to the reaper she knew, how I looked, and what I could do. But she didn't seem to care all that much. As a goddess herself she understood things better and was a bit sympathetic which is why she offered up her space if I needed it as long as I offered gold or anything else to her which I agreed to. As I gift I gave her something I managed to crochet, a lucky charm with a tassel. It wasn't suspicious and was easy to pass off as an offering. I told her if I'm needed just unravel or destroy it.

Making dolls would've been too obvious, I needed to get creative to make sure I'm not found out too soon.

Another thing I managed to do was speak with two different Sanses that I felt were pretty neutral. Birdtale and Dancetale. They were pretty skeptical of me but were quick to listen when I gave them hard evidence. I told them they didn't have to agree just know the dangers they were unaware of. I gave them their crochet creations that fit their theme and told them the same thing I've been telling others. Unravel or destroy to get to me.

I also knew I needed eyes on the inside. I could easily have Fresh get on Ink's side but I want someone with a stronger connection. I also knew the Nightmare had his group so having someone there would be beneficial but risky. I'll get to that eventually once I plan it out properly.

There was one au however that I wanted Geno to come with me for. So once I was ready I told him we were going. He was surprised I said 'we' but came along as I brought him with me to Outertale. His reaction was worth it, he was stunned staring up at everything he could. I wasn't going to let this place get destroyed and I started to wonder about what would happen after all this. I needed to get to Sciencetale eventually, I feel like I can succeed more in the long run with the assistance of the younger Sans.