141 - Retreat to Dark

That bad feeling I had just didn't want to go away. It was annoying to have that thought creeping up that something was wrong. After a bit I was definitely getting jittery. I didn't want there to be a problem but I didn't want to ignore whatever it was thus making it into a problem. Then I just didn't feel safe anymore.

Why did life have to be complicated?

Once I woke Gradient I decided the next best thing would be to take him and Gaster back with me to Nightmare's domain. I didn't want to do this in the first place but out of all the locations I knew it was the safest since many can't travel there unless they know how to get there. Plus I needed to talk with Nightmare since he seemed to know how to guide my thoughts to a less destructive path when needed.

I'll just think of the trip to.the domain like ripping a bandage off and having Gaster meet the other people that I pretty much live with.

We gathered at the front of the skeleton brothers' home and I was saying my goodbyes.

"Thanks for having us over, Sci. I'll stop by for a normal visit again, I swear." I saw Sci smile while adjusting his sleeves.

"Hey no worries there. It was good to see you and Gradient again. It was nice to meet Gaster as well."

"The feelings are mutual," Gaster said giving Sci a hand shake.

"Bye bye!" Paps called out while waving to us. Gradient waved back as I opened the portal and we went to Nightmare's domain. Immediately, I hovered my hand near Gaster as he leaned and stabilized himself.

"The air feels heavy." He placed a hand to his head shaking off whatever washed over him.

"Yeah, it takes some getting used to. Anyways this is where I mainly live. Well, one of the main places. This is Nightmare's domain, yes his name is Nightmare I'm fully aware." I glanced at Gaster seeing him look at the decor so I brought my attention to Gradient.

"Why don't you go and find someone or just hang out in your room? I can tell you're still tired and I don't want to bore you with grown up talk." Gradient seemed to think over his options before rushing to a set a stairs to climb up. Good.

"Is there any other reason you sent him off?" Gaster asked and I nodded.

"Yes. Your reaction. These guys aren't exactly in the best of conditions and I don't want you be put off guard." I didn't want to just say these guys weren't the best but I didn't want to sugar coat it either.

"Error, I highly doubt it would phase me. I've been in the Void for a long period of time and faced that pink abomination. You know I can handle myself."

"Well... we'll see about that. Don't say I didn't warn you." I started walking and thankfully heard Gaster follow me as I wandered to the main room. To my luck, or misfortune, I saw Horror. His singular red eye immediately locked onto us as we walked over and I heard Gaster take an intake of air but he didn't falter in his steps.

"You're back. Already?" Horror asked.

"Yes. I brought a guest so be nice."

"I'm not the one you have to worry about being nice."

"I know. Anyways, Horror this is Gaster. Gaster this is Horror one of my... I guess roommates."

"That's a term," Horror said getting up to greet Gaster. I felt a bit guilty since I could tell Gaster was really trying to not stare at the obvious hole in the skeleton's skull. Horror just chuckled, amused as he realized the same thing.

"Anyways, I'm Horror. Nice to meet you." He extended his hand and my gaze went to his palm immediately. Apparently Gaster did the same since Horror showed he had no tricks and Gaster shook his hand.