88 - Rhodophobia

The day of the big meeting happened. From what I was told it was to have a peace treaty signed between the humans and monsters. But, apparently King Asgore was arrested since he admitted that he had taken the lives of other children in order to get the souls to break the barrier. It was a mess from what I heard.

That little friend of Frisk's came by with her mother and would be staying with here Gaster for a few days since they were moving things. Gaster told me that her name was Betty and just looking at her made me uneasy, not in the same way that Frisk did but a bit differently.

I stayed away from her though I had a nagging feeling during the night. I even went to check on her but saw her sleeping body, something still didn't seem right.

The next day came by and I heard the sound of something fall which caused me to go investigate. Seems like Frisk startled Gaster since he was using magic to catch his fallen cup and his chair was tipped over. I walked over after grabbing a rag to clean up the spilled coffee.

"Thank you Error," he said as he placed the mug on the table. Betty came by with that pink blob thing she had which had Frisk indirectly ask why she was still here. As Gaster answered that I cleaned up the small mess tuning them out. However what caught my attention was when he mentioned AMD cameras being more active. The term AMD sounded familiar yet my head throbbed when I started to think about it for too long.

"I'll see you later Gaster. Bye Error." I heard from Frisk before I heard the door shut. 

"....I zoned out for too long."

"Frisk has taken Betty with him to see Mettaton's first live report. You know of Mettaton?"

"...the humanoid robot that likes to perform."

"Correct. I'll be getting some reading done. This pink soul is being a bit difficult to figure out." He said as he walked by. I decided to sit down in the main room. I didn't want to leave when I didn't know where I was. I didn't want to mess anything up. 

Good news though I managed to summon strings but I couldn't do too much. I can catch, lift, throw, etc. Just the basics. I mainly played cat's cradle to help with passing the time and to think. 

I needed to figure this out. If I knew where I was then I can work on figuring out how to leave. Something is wrong with this place either through magic or its code. I swiped the air to open a screen but it glitched out and faded out before anything could be read. I attempted multiple times but saw that I was getting nowhere. 

I wanted to go home. I was so tired of feeling uneasy here. It felt similar in a way to when I was living in Nightmare's domain yet very different. In the domain it had a heavy aura that surrounded everything making everyone deal with the effects of negativity for a bit. Here is wasn't necessarily negativity but it was something else I could feel. 

I ended up falling asleep in my spot after about thirty minutes of sitting down without moving. I didn't have a dream, there was quite literally nothing going on in my mind. It felt like I was floating. Or maybe I was dreaming and was just dreaming about nothing. I wasn't in control of my body when I realized that I was walking so yeah, some kind of dream. 

I seemed to have a destination in mind but then I felt that uneasiness again and my mind started ringing alert bells. I was suddenly in control and summoned a sharp bone to grab. I saw a flash of pink come at me from the corner of my eye and felt my form freeze up. I feared I was going to be struck before spike of cyan collided with it and overpowered it dulling my fear completely.

"Cyan? Nightmare has cyan magic right? Wait!" I started to say before I sensed danger and ducked avoiding a pink tendril. The cyan blob smacked it away before creeping up my body. The pink mass also tried to do the same. Both were absorbed into me and I wasn't in control again as I gripped my head. The two substances seemed to be fighting for control, at least that's what I thought.