39 - Rescue

Author note: Question for all of you. What has been your favorite moment of this story so far? I'm really just curious.

I was running towards that feeling. Ink and Fresh were following not too far behind. Seeing an open area ahead I slowed down a bit to assess the situation. 

I saw Dust, Killer, Horror, and Insanity standing on one side while Dream, Blue, Sans, and Underfell Sans were on another. I heard two set of footsteps stop on either side of me.

"What's going on?" 

"A fight my dude," I heard Fresh but I wasn't too focused on that.

Where is Gradient?

My eyes scanned to area and I saw further back with a Fellswap or Swapfell, which ever it is, was Gradient. He looked so uneasy, scared, and I hated it. Looking even more it seems like Cross was present as well but he had this aus Frisk as a hostage, maybe. I still don't know what was going on. 

But I was going to stop it.

I saw Dream turn suddenly and shoot an arrow into the darkness that was the trees. I can only assume Nightmare was also near or someone was trying to sneak up on the group. 

"Give us the kid Dream, no one has to get hurt here." I heard Killer say as he spun the knife he had. 

"Let go of the human then!"

"Nuh uh, you started it. We could've been all civilized but you decided to play hostage first." Killer sounded so relaxed but I could tell that wasn't the case. He was nervous and playing it light to ease his own nerves. 

What happened while I was gone?

"I'm not playing! This child is obviously brainwashed!" 

I could see this was getting no where good and looked at Fresh. 

"I have one last thing to ask of you."

"Anything my fine broski."

"That kid, the skeleton. If something happens I want you to get him out of here."

"They're that important to ya..... you got it." With that said the colorful skeleton dissappeared from view.

"Who is- I mean what's their name, the kid?" I heard Ink ask. Looking over I noticed he had a look of concentration as he looked at Gradient. Was he figuring it out already?

".....his name is Gradient. That's all I'm going to say."

The only one who seemed to not be really into the idea of fighting appeared to be Sans, original Sans, which was understandable. Though to be honest I don't know if this is og Sans or that one that I met a good while ago. I don't know, they look the same. 

Fell Sans summoned a gaster and the fighting was about to get started from that one action alone. Some started running to the others.

"Oh no! We have to stop them! I could make a wall-"

"Too slow." I said as I rose a hand and summoned a large gaster blaster.

The multi colored skull opened its jaw and fired a blast directly in the middle of the area. Thankfully no one got caught in the blast. The two groups looked towards where the blast came from and I could see the relief on some of there faces. 

"Ink!"

"Error! You're ok! You are ok right?!"

"Where were you Ink?! I thought these guys did something to you."

"I told you we didn't do anything!"

There was a lot of shouting.

Dust noticed my mood and placed a hand on Insanity forcing him to step back as he did. A signal to not fight.