59 - Fun pt.3

Games, more specifically fairground games. I don't know how to feel about them. I was mainly taught believing that those games were completely rigged. Yet from what I've seen they aren't impossible to win. Especially when there are multiple players since there has to be one winner. 

Where am I going with this? Well I just don't understand how Viper has been winning every game he's played. To the luck of the workers he only played once before moving on to the next thing. I think he just gets a kick out of winning. 

I didn't really find any of the prizes all that interesting since a good chunk of them looked poorly made. Or maybe I'm just picky since I make my own puppets and have a slight bias to that. 

Also Fresh hasn't been in this au for too long and he's already popular. I don't know what happened one moment he was there the next he was twenty feet away from us taking pictures with people. I don't know how he does what he does. I'm guessing since the crowds started thinning down that people noticed him more.

I still don't know what he's done in this short amount of time to cause him his sudden popularity. 

"So... you know him right? Better than we do anyways." Viper said while pointing to Fresh. I just raised a bone brow wondering where this question was going.

"Is he always so... odd? He gives off a weird vibe."

I stared before laughing catching Viper and the others off guard. I couldn't help it, with everything I've seen, experienced, and know odd doesn't even come close to what Fresh would be. Soon I composed myself and looked at Viper.

"You are not prepared if you think he is odd." That was the only warning I was going to give him about the colorful entity before I heard my name being called and saw Fresh wasn't taking pictures and was waving me over. 

"There's a game I wanna do over there!" He pointed a certain direction and I just wordlessly followed him interested to see what caught his attention. I don't know what the others were doing but they'll catch up on their own. 

We came up to an area that had lots of inflated jumpers and similar things. Fresh lead me to one that was elevated, had foam cubes at the bottom, and a thick beam. I could see two teens a human and a monster, laughing up a storm as they tried to hit each other with these foam sticks that had inflated ends. They both ended up loosing their balance and falling into the cube pit. 

"You want to... joust?" 

"Totally brah! It'll be so lit to play! Come on broski, it'll be so rad." He said before hurrying to get in the pretty short line. I was a bit unsure but got in line as well. Soon enough it was our turn and I walked over to the other platform to get up and listened to the worker drone on about what to do, what not to do, yada yada yada. It was very boring and very unnecessary. I grabbed my 'weapon' and stepped onto the beam. It was wider than the balancing beams I was used to which made sense since this was supposed to be fun for everyone and you can't do that with a narrower beam. 

"I don't know who to cheer for! Good luck!" I heard and glanced over seeing Pup cheering while waving his hands to get our attention. I just looked back at Fresh ignoring the group that just arrived. Soon a bell went of and none of us moved yet, I was trying to see what Fresh would do and he was struggling a bit to keep his balance. It wasn't hard to but looking down at the pit was throwing him off.

I advanced to him by scooting over and swinging at him which he ducked and placed a hand down to regain his balance. Seeing that he was ok he quickly tried to hit me off but I blocked it with my stick and waited for him to stand before swinging again. He seemed to get the hang of it fast enough and we were really trying to knock off the other. If this was a fight this would be different but it wasn't. No magic, no hitting the head or other sensitive parts, no hitting with the stick only the inflated ends, you get the idea. There are rules we had to follow so as much as I would want to just hit him off to win fast I couldn't.