56 - Talking

So the conversation went a bit... differently from what I was expecting. 

I had gathered them in my shared room and sat down in a chair allowing the others to do whatever. Lust sat on the bed, Gradient leaned on the arm of the chair, and Fresh leaned against the wall by the door.

After telling everything Lust was very sympathetic and looked upset. At first I thought it was because I lied and knew quite literally how his au came to be but no. He was upset that, as Error, I had no self love and, as a human, I was bordering an unhealthy mental statis. He was happy however that despite everything I did know that I accepted their friendship. I questioned his claim of friendship and he just responded that I haven't once tried killing him so I was stuck with him. 

And yeah, I couldn't argue with that. Lust was now that one friend that is sticking around despite everything.

Fresh... well multiple things happened. At first he reacted the way I expected him to. Trying to make light of the situation, speaking at random parts of the story, and even talking to Gradient as a side commentary. But then I mentioned the bit that as a human I knew of the aus, the stories, and a lot of other things. He got quiet, his shades were blank, and his smile was gone. When I finished talking he stayed silent as Lust expression his displeasure about what he heard and his fretting over my well being. 

Sensing the tension afterwards Lust thanked me before getting up to leave and I told Gradient to go with him to both of their surprise. I trust Lust won't do something to Gradient and told them that if someone says something that they would have to complain to me. Then they left. Leaving just Fresh and me.

By ourselves. In a room. Alone.

I suddenly regretted my choices.

He walked over and sat where Lust was just moments ago. He had his hands now folded in front of his face and it looked like he was really pondering about something. I did just drop a lot of informationon him so that's to be expected... maybe... its Fresh, his reactions aren't the most predictable. 

"...you know everything." He asked in a normal tone which just made my fear spike a bit.

"...to an extent but yes."

"When we first meet you weren't scared because I was just some Sans that appeared in the Anti-Void were you?"

"...no." 

"You know what I am?"

"Yes." I said without hesitation this time.

"You know.... yet you didnt tell anyone. Not one soul knows about me. Why? You could've attempted to destroy me... but you didn't." 

Was I going to tell the truth? No. I would sound crazy. I remember liking Fresh as a character. He was colorful, easy to remember, and had a specific personality you couldn't misplace. He was odd and had his scary moments but there were some times where reading or watching something based on him would make those bad days go by a bit easier.

But now in front of me was the scary Fresh. 

He reach up and removed his shades revealing that one thing that really showed he was different from the rest. The soul in his eye and the purple haze that seemed to come off it.

I realized at this point that I didn't answer Fresh's question and I don't know how. Fresh was dangerous, yet I told no one about him. 

He just stared gouging my expression trying to read me, or he was reading me and was just waiting to see what I would say. 

"Do I make you nervous?"

"Without a doubt, I can't deny that. However, you have shown me time and time again that I can trust you. You have helped me out more than a good number of the others out there. I know you could just be deceiving me, this could all be a trick, but I know it would probably benefit me more if I was honest with you. I've learned that bottling up doesn't help me and you've shown interest in a friendship with me. It's only fair that you know the truth."