34 - A New Ally

Some time has passed and things were normal.... well as normal as they could be anyways. My urges haven't been acting up, the other Sanses are doing their thing like usual, the star sanses are being annoying as usual, checked on Gradient, checked aus, etc. 

Sometimes there were fights amongst ourselves. Sometimes there were fights amongst the star sanses. I wasn't really sure how much time has past but it's enough for me to notice it. 

Then something happened.

Something really... odd.

I was in the Anti-Void looking over aus because someone was being really annoying lately, it's Killer. I stumbled across a random Underswap au and figured that maybe this would be my next au to destroy. 

I opened a portal and stepped into the au before hiding myself and making a screen. That's when I noticed it. 

The title for the au was glitching. It kept changing between Underswap, Dustswap, and Dusttrust. Like it couldn't make up its mind on what to be.

"....odd." I was only familiar with two of those titles, not the last one. I felt a shift in the air and saw the Underswap option was completely gone. I won't lie it's kinda freaky. The problem had to be the resets or something. Before I could check the menu to search for a cause I heard Blue calling for his brother. 

If I remember correctly Dustswap is just Dusttale with the Underswap citizens. That ment Blue was going to die here. I really wasn't bothered by this but the fact that the title was changing ment something might or might not happen. I should really just leave but something in my gut was telling me not to.

It's not like I wanted to watch the Sans die, this is Dustswap its going to happen. I can't, won't, change the path an au goes. But something was definitely wrong.

I walked towards where I heard the voice call out and hid behind a tree when I noticed Swap Papyrus, though his hood was up, he facing the direction of Blue's call, and his aura wasn't at all friendly.

Then I saw Blue, Papyrus saw Blue, and Blue saw him. 

"There you are! I can't find any of the monsters in town. I even went to Muffet's and no one was there." 

Papyrus didn't say anything and I could see Blue was getting uneasy. 

"What... are you doing here? You're supposed to be looking out for humans?"

I'm not going to lie, I pretty much tuned out the conversation as they were talking since I already knew why he was doing what he was doing and what was going to happen. Though it still felt odd. 

There was a bit of back and forth as Papyrus explained about the human, the resets, everything, including the lack of monsters. He delt with them to get stronger just like Dust did. 

I was expecting Blue to just smile and open his arms to try and convince his brother that he didn't need to do it and that he loves him no matter what he chose to do. But... that didn't happen. Instead I saw the smaller skeleton take a step back and let out a shaky breath.

He was scared, of his brother. Why? I mean yeah, he was going to die but it was really weird to see a brother scared of the other. 

He was begging his brother to not do it and honestly it was a bit hard to watch. Then it happened.

Papyrus raised a hand summoning a blaster and out of sheer panic Blue summoned his bones for defense. While falling back his bones shot out, and into his brother. 

I was not expecting that and neither did they apparently from their shocked expression. Papyrus fell and turned to dust and Blue shakily stumbled over the the remains of Papyrus, being just a pile of Dust and his jacket. Once the first few tears fell it was all over. He started bawling, crying, screaming. His voice echoed through the trees.