17 - Return

Author note: I'm going to be honest, I almost deleted this chapter. Not saying why but I needed to get that out there. Ok on with the story.

I had to return to the Anti-Void. Despite the agreement we had I still had responsibilities I gave myself. Nightmare has agreed to letting me leave but I had to return once I was done and I decided that was pretty fair. He could probably find me anyways and I don't want to be the target of his wrath. 

The first thing I noticed was that I wasn't alone in the empty space. A familiar colorful skeleton was plopped on the floor near my stuff. He seemed to be asleep since he was breathing yet didn't move.

How long has he been there? 

Was he waiting for me?

I was unsure how to proceed and was just going to open a portal under him to drop him somewhere but he stirred awake before I could. He looked at me and his shade just had dots on it before turning into exclamation marks. He suddenly leaped up and towards me effectively giving me a heart attack.

"BROSKI!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!"

"AAAHHH!"

I ducked and he went flying over me falling into a nongraceful heap on the ground. 

"What's the big idea!" I shouted not pleased that he decided to attempt to tackle me. He pushed himself up and looked at me not looking effected by his tumble.

"Dawg I thought you choked! I was here for days and you never came back!"

"It's none of your business where I go!"

"As your homie yes it is!"

"You are not my 'homie'!"

This continued for a while until I practically ran out of patience and tied up the brightly clad skeleton. While we were going back and forth he was constantly trying to hug me which I refused to let happen for multiple reasons. He just wasn't getting the hint or he didn't care, I vote the latter.

I wanted to ask so many questions but I knew he would want something in return for answering and I just couldn't risk that.

"So, where'd you up and dissappeared to?"

I heard from my left, I looked over and saw him looking up and the furby I hung up. Gazing back to where he was tied up I just saw a bunch of my strings. I don't understand how he does that without me noticing.

"Didn't I say that was none of your business."

"Nah I don't remember that." 

I could feel my annoyance bubble up and I glared at Fresh who put his hands up to a surrendering motion.

"Easy my rad broski I just heard that you had a little scuffle. You and another exchanging blows with another and that Ink fellow." 

I wasn't surprised that he knew Ink. But at the same time it was a bit unexpected for some reason. 

"Ok I'll bite... how'd you hear about that? Unless you were there..."

I decided I might as well do what I came here to do so I opened up a one way window and started observing an au.

"No way brah. Me? Fight? That's funny. I just asked the Ink bro and he told me. Then I came here to see how you were holding up. Ya know the rest." 

"Well if that's all then you can leave now."

"Brah your so frigid." 

"...die."

Eventually the nuisance did leave and I continued looking through my window. When I stumbled across the empty Dusttale I remembered that I did have to return as was the agreement I had. Looking at my things I decided to bring some stuff back with me. Some stuff will stay to be kept safe and to just have something to return to. 

I opened up a portal back to my temporary room and brought back the plant, the books, and the crocheting stuff I had. The beanbag, blanket, puppets, and furby will stay behind. I'd rather keep the puppet thing to myself for now and that furby had no reason to come along.

The beanbag and blanket were there so I still had some sort of comfort in the Anti-Void, plus I don't need them getting damaged. Now my shelf had some books on it that I was most likely going to reread again before going to exchange them. I placed my flower on the side table and my crochet stuff in a drawer. It wasn't much of a difference but it was something.

I closed the portal just as I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

It opened revealing Dust. 

"Oh good you're here, boss said you probably wouldn't. Anyways food's been made and Nightmare wants us all down. He said something about having our heads if we don't."

".....noted. Lead the way." 

I walked to the doorway and glanced back at the room for a moment. I was still unsure if I was going to accept the offer to stay. But the idea wasn't terrible. Seeing Dust walking on without me I closed the door and hurried to catch up. 

I wondered what else my stay here would entail for me.