7 - Destruction

I don't know what happened or how it happened. I was not prepared. I don't think anyone was.

I was looking at Dancetale through a one way window one moment and the next I was watching it begin to crumble away. I didn't even do anything or sensed something being off. Something might have happened in the Doodle Sphere. That was the only thing I could think of.

I had every reason to ignore it since destroying aus is what Error was known for. But I wasn't a forced God and I couldn't stand what I was watching. I actually liked Dancetale, it was interesting to me to see how important dancing was to this particular au. But I couldn't save them, I wasn't Ink.

Speaking of where was he?

He's supposed to be a protector right?

Monsters were starting to dissappear and I didn't know what to do. The Capital was gone and Hotland was going. Looking closer I saw Frisk and Papyrus running towards the town and behind them the ruins and the beginning of the snowy area was dissappearing. I closed the window only to immediately open up a portal in its place rush through it. I was going to try my best to do something.

I shortcutted to where I last saw the human and skeleton and followed their trail towards the town. I opened a screen and it did not look good.

▪︎Dancetale.ad03▪︎

St.138-CT.⅔7³9-A.?@#*

-L0c4t1on5

-R35et5

-3nt1t135

-Corruption 

The only thing I could select was Corruption. The results were as I feared.

▪︎Corruption▪︎

Corruption levels at a dangerous high. No restoration possible at this time. No resets possible at this time. To avoid spreading deletion must proceed.

I continued forward as I read and noticed a small group a bit away from brothers' house. The area that lead to Waterfall was gone leaving a large gap into nothing. They were trapped essentially. There wasn't anything I could do, I couldn't move them somewhere. But then I remembered someone who could and how to get there. 

I hurried over to the house, removing the screen as I did, and grabbed the door handle before opening it. After seeing the living room and confirming that it would open I closed it again ignoring the voices calling behind me and kept thinking of a certain place. When I felt a change I opened the door again and it looked nothing like the inside of the house which was perfect.

I originally wasn't sure if this was going to work and would've panicked if I saw the same living room. But I guess it was possible since I did know about it. I doubt actual Error really knew how to access this area.

"Hey! This way is safe!" 

I called out to the ones who noticed what I was doing. Soon enough most immediately ran through to the safe space not wanting to get caught up in the destruction. I left the door open and went out to see if there were any other monsters left.

Teleporting to Waterfall it seems the destruction had finished off Hotland and was in the process here. Eventually I heard a cry for help and headed that way. Being wary of the cracks forming everywhere I saw Undyne, Sans, and MK on a patch of breaking land and they saw me. There was a gap between us but that didn't stop me from making a bone path for them to cross over with.

"Come on! We're running out of time!"

Carefully they headed over, Undyne first then Sans and MK. Since they were running MK tripped which wouldn't be too much of an issue except the area behind was crumbling away. Sans was about to go back to get them when I yanked him over with my strings to be beside Undyne and reached for the monster kid with my other hand.

"Heads up!" I said to the fish lady before throwing the small monster to her once I grabbed them. Thankfully she caught them with ease and I looked over at Sans.

"Do you have it in you to use a shortcut with them?" I could tell he was tiredband confused but seeing that I was trying to help he nodded in confirmation.

"Yeah I can. Where do we need to go?"

"Your place."

"My place? Yeah sure." He grabbed Undyne and in a flash of blue the three were gone. The rest of the area was crumbling away and I didn't want to stay around to get caught in it so I teleported back to the house.

I saw the door was being held open by Core Frisk and Dancetale Frisk as the three I just helped walked through. It was an awkward silence between myself and Core Frisk once we made eye contact. We've never personally meet but they knew who I was and I knew who they were. That's the reason I opened the Omega Timeline. 

The world was still falling apart and I looked past the children at the monsters gathered hugging the three that just came through. I made eye contact with Sans and Undyne and gave them a nod before opening a portal back to the Anti-Void. There was no saving this world, at least with me.

Core Frisk took a step towards me and opened their mouth like they wanted to say something but they hesitated. I used their moment of hesitation to my advantage and leaped through the portal closing it behind me.

Silence has never been louder to me at this moment. The au was probably gone now and I managed to save some residents. I felt tears build up as a choked laugh escaped me. They could've died, heck I could've died. Again.

That was by far the scariest situation I've ever been in so far, it was really hitting me how this was nothing like my old home. I knew this yet I still was not prepared to witness it first hand.

I dragged myself to my beanbag as I felt my adrenaline levels go down. I needed a moment to reflect on things.

Hugging the beanbag close and resting my cheekbone on it my eyes start to shut. Seems I was having an adrenaline crash, haven't had one of those in a long time. It was kind of nostalgic. Soon enough the area was silent with the exception of my evened out breaths.

I fell into a dreamless slumber.