133 - Verbal Spat

"Why do you always do this?!"

"It wasn't my fault that I got kidnapped."

"You could've easily come back and you know it!"

"Well yeah but I wanted to solve the problem."

"You've could've gotten hurt!"

"I've gotten hurt before!"

"That doesn't mean you make it a normal thing!"

"I can handle it!"

"One day you won't!"

Currently myself and Lust were at each other's throats. After escaping the crazed psycho I had a few moments to breath before Dream assisted me to my feet. After making sure we were ok Nightmare and his group were quick to make their escape while Dream was distracted. The taller skeleton didn't seem to care much that they left. 

He was quick to fly us back to his place. I would've used a shortcut but Dream wasn't having it wanting to keep an eyelight on me so I didn't disappear. His words not mine. When we arrived Ink was quick to inform us that Swap and Lust were awake, one currently laying it into Blue. 

I was confused by this but we walked through some halls and eventually came across Lust being held back by Swap as he was yelling at Blue, who looked very conflicted on how to handle the less then pleased skeleton. I heard my name and realized what was going on. I quickly went to intervene but that just shifted to target from Blue to me. 

Which leads to now with Lust very much upset to have woken up with me gone and having no idea where I went. His only idea was one of the people in the building had to have done something. Blue was just the unlucky one to have been spotted.

"Um guys, maybe you should-"

"STAY OUT OF THIS!" Lust and myself were quick to snap towards who spoke before looking at each other again.

"Trust me, just let them burn themselves out." Swap said.

"Are you certain?" Dream asked watching the back and forth happening.

"Oh yeah, if I learned anything it's best to just let things play out and it'll calm down on its own." Swap usually wanted everyone to get along but the time when everyone was living together taught him that he didn't need to be that person.

"Do you always run off on your own?!" Lust exclaimed and at this point I forgot who does and doesn't know about how my 'adventures' turn out. I sighed tired with a hand to my temple.

"It wasn't my fault!"

"You could've easily gotten free!"

"My god you-"

"Don't get snippy with me!"

"This might take a while." Swap said to the others that were just watching.

"I still think we should stop this." Dream said after a bit.

"Be my guest." Swap gestured to the two of us. Dream walked over to us.

"Ok you two-" I was quick to cut off Dream by summoning a sharp bone and holding it towards his neck and Lust looked at Dream with pure annoyance.

"This is an A and B conversation so kindly C yourself out of it." I said with a narrowed gaze.

"Yes dear, quite rude of you to interrupt us." Dream looked at the two of us and decided to just step back to let us return to our heated talk without interruption.

"...It's hard to tell if they're actually mad at each other or not." Ink said watching us.

"It'll be fine." Swap said.

"Well it's getting annoying." Blue went forwards and Swap looked deadpanned for a moment.

"No, stop, come back." He said in a bored tone.

"Alright you two. This bickering is pointless. And really a waste of our-" He was cut off by my strings wrapping around him and yanking him to the ground. He hit the ground with a groan.

"I swear, rude people." Lust scoffed. Myself and Lust looked at Ink with a raised bone brow and he just stepped back putting his hands up.

"I'm not involved with this." He said. Lust turned to me and paused looking a bit lost.

"Where was I?"

"Me being snippy I think." I answered him. 

"Oh right... ugh the spark is dead. I don't want to yell anymore so I'll scold. You are such a moron at times. How would Nightmare act if I told him what happened?"

"As if you would." I said with a scoff.

"You wanna bet?" 

"You don't know where his domain is so yes. I'll bet," I said in response and Lust rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, I don't know how those guys put up with you."

"Says the one that constantly puts up with me."

"Yeah, but I'm good at it." 

"I can handle myself."

"You don't need to though."

"Ugh, I know. I'm working on it." 

"Alright. Remember, you made your promises so I expect you to pay me back then."

"Right... right, I know. Ugh, we done here?"

"...Yeah I'm done." Lust said going back to standing with a hand to his hip.

"So... we done here? We can go home?" He asked giving me a curious look. I just nodded.

"I'm pretty sure we can, I think that menace was the thing we had to figure out. Swap you ready to go?" I asked and he was immediately at our side.

"Yep! I'm glad that mess is all done. You got to tell us everything that we missed!" 

"Yeah, I will. Thanks for you assistance Dream and I apologize for putting a bone to your neck."

"You were in the middle of a tense conversation and I shouldn't have tried to get in the way. Before you leave can you..." He trailed off glancing down at Blue. 

"Oh." I freed Blue from my strings and didn't acknowledge him as he got up with a grumble. 

Dream decided to travel with us to the forest we arrived in just to make sure nothing happened to us on the way. Swap was pretty cheerful and willing to tell Dream everything that happened from our perspective when we first arrived which just made the travel feel shorter. About halfway there I explained what happened with me and Dream jumped in to tell about whatever he was present for. 

It was a nice walk.

Once we arrived at the spot I opened a screen and saw we had the ok to go. 

"Well I guess it was that. Great. Again Dream, thank you for the assistance. It's nice having a friendly face helping us."

"I like being helpful and I'm grateful you were able to help with that issue as well. I wish you luck on whatever the future holds." He said holding out a hand. I looked at it and steeled myself before shaking his hand quickly. After I stepped back and gave a wave as I opened a portal. Swap and Lust went through before I followed.

We landed in the Doodle-Sphere and the three of us sighed in relief.

"I'm going to nap once I get home." Lust said and I nodded in agreement while Swap just chuckled. I stretched a bit and opened a way to go to Underswap first. We went through and Stretch was quick to greet us, followed by an integration. We would gone for a good while after all.

After some brotherly scolding I was able to take Lust home and faced the exact same thing with that Papyrus just less intense. I went to the domain after and immediately went to my room to rest. 

I was definitely tired and would talk to others tomorrow, or whenever I woke up next. I removed my jacket and noticed a single golden feather flutter down. I reached down and a string grabbed the end of the feather. I brought it up and examined the feather before placing it on my side table. A new souvenir for me. Once I removed a few other pieces I was able to lay in bed comfortably and drifted off to sleep. 

What a journey.