63 - Anger

Author note: First of all, ya'll are too sweet. Second, strap in this has been in the making for awhile. Third, I noticed one person came up with a theory about Ink, just throwing it out there.

"What the heck are you talking about? You sound crazy," Killer said breaking the silence and looking unimpressed with Ink's comment. 

"I mean Ink has a point, Nightmare must have told you guys something if you guys willingly want to work with him," Dream said and Classic shuffled over to the couch looking unsure of where this was headed.

"He didn't," Dust said narrowing his gaze. 

"Come on think, I'm still unsure about Gradient's situation but the rest of you are smart. No way you would willingly go to his realm without him tricking you or messing with your heads." Dream seemed so sure that it wouldve been convincing, if I didn't feel it was off for some reason.

"Ok, enough of that. Let's get some facts straight alright. First off, Nightmare never had me, or the others, under some weird mind control or whatever. He asked me to do something and on my own free will I chose to do it. Second, I don't follow what he wants blindly I have a mind and I use it to think about why he wants me to do whatever it is he's asking. Third, I'm not being held captive. I was never forced to live in his domain and the others aren't either. If I wanted to leave I could've." 

"Yeah, Horror isn't here right now but he was constantly allowed to return to his au when he wants. Dust lives with Nightmare because his au is pretty much empty," Cross said and Dust nodded in agreement knowing there was more to it that the others didn't need to know about.

"At any moment I could've left but I didn't. I liked living there. I liked waking up in a room that I could call my own. I liked going down and seeing the others and enjoying a meal together. I liked doing things with them. I liked talking to them. I did all this by my own free will. He cares about our well-being which is more than I can say about you."

"Me? When have I showed that I don't care about my team's well-being?!" Dream said looking surprise by what I said.

"Really, it's not just the team mind you it's others as well. When we first met you attacked me with Ink just for standing with Nightmare when we were just talking. You and Ink causing me to black out and Nightmare took me to safety and gave me the choice to stay or leave."

"You had another place-" Ink started but I didnt let him finish. 

"That endless white space of nothing wasn't a home Ink! You're free to go wherever you want so why can't I?!" Just thinking of how the old Error must've felt knowing his only safe space was that endless nothing made a hot sensation start to bubble up.

"You know what since you mentioned it Dream, your team consists of mainly the guardian of positivity, a soulless being with the power to create aus and whatever else he wants, and a Sans that is a swap of the original. Notice something off with that because I do."

"I don't see what you're getting at." Dream said crossing his arms.

"No? Then let me clear it up. Blue?" I brought my attention to the Swap that jumped a bit in surprise. "Whenever Dream comes to you for a mission. Do you do it?" 

"Yes of course! Dream's my friend, I would do anything to help out the multiverse." He cheerful tone made me feel a bit bad for what I was going to do.

"Uh-huh, and how often does he call for you?" I asked.

"Well, a lot but there's a lot to do." He said with a shrug.

"You drop everything to help?"

"Yes-" I cut him off.