124 - Small Dilemma pt.2

It was really hard to focus. Each time I saw something that caught my interest I wanted to go back to being a child and mess around. I enjoyed the small moments of showing Dust and Geno something even though we were technically adults. 

Did I like being small? No. But it's hard to ignore that fact that in my human years, young childhood was the best. Back when the world seemed bright and my imagination of the future could run wild with no limits. To be able to run for what felt like an endless amount of time. Jumping off things and falling only to easily bounce back up perfectly fine. 

Things back then were so much better, easier, more fun. If I had know tumbling around and trying to do tricks when I was younger would've set me on the path I ended up in, I would've tried to avoid it. But of course being a child I couldn't resist showing off a new trick for praises. 

But back to the current issue we couldn't find anything and sat down on a colorful mat with different colored squares. 

"Well that was a waste." Dust said and crossed his arms.

"I'm sure we'll find what we need to. It's usually simple, right Error?" Geno looked towards me with hopes for a good answer.

"Yeah, it usually is. Although, that was with my multiverse so it's possible that the rules are different here. I doubt it is but it's just a possibility... man it is harder to say that in this smaller body."

"So... not to be that one, but where's Fresh?" Dust asked causing Geno and me to shrug immediately.

"No idea," we said at the same time. We've gotten used to Fresh just disappearing so it was a natural response to that question.

"Ugh, don't do that. That's a bit freaky." Dust said and I chuckled.

"What? Can't handle us talking at the same time?" I asked with a bit of a smirk finding his reaction amusing.

"It's just weird." He said glancing away from us.

"You have weird ticks," Geno said which caused Dust to snap his attention to him.

"I do not." 

"Do to."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Oh geez not this," I said remembering these kinds of back and forths when I was younger. It was never ending and could be over anything. I looked at them going back and forth, not bothering to try and stop them, until a new voice interrupted us.

"You two better not be arguing. I'm sure you can think of something more fun to do than argue." I looked over and saw someone. I wasn't sure. I knew it was another ship child but I couldn't remember which one. Well thats a lie. Based on their darker colors, the blue marks on his face, a moon on his head, and his overall look I knew which ship child he was. Nightmare and Killer. But for some reason his name just wasn't coming to mind. It's like my brain decided to stop working right when I needed it.

He had the same kind of clothes that Pj and Gradient had on that just seem a bit looser on his frame. He had a cleaning rag drapped on his shoulder which covered up his name tag. Darn. 

"Sorry./My bad." Geno and Dust said a bit quiet while lowering their gaze. The taller being sighed before giving a small smile. 

"You guys are fine, I'm not upset. Since you're here would you like to read or for me to read to you guys while you wait?" Hearing his question we looked at each other unsure of how to answer.

"Well, we do have to wait..." Geno tried to reason. We couldn't really leave without Gradient and Fresh and one decided to run off. 

"...I'll take a book." Dust said caving first.