20 - Tiny pt.1

I wasn't expecting to be woken up one day by a bunch of yelling followed by my door being busted open.

"ERROR! WAKE UP!"

"AAAAHHH WHAT THE-"

I ended up falling out of bed and in a panicked half awake state I used my strings at whoever it was that abruptly ended my rest.

"HEY HEY HEY ITS JUST ME! ITS DUST!"

I blinked repeatedly clearly my head a bit and saw that it was indeed Dust I had tangled up in my strings. 

"Oh..... sorry."

I released him and he sighed in relief. For about two seconds it was calm then he started to panic again.

"Oh yeah! Come, we need your help! Meet up at boss's office!" With that he left. 

I blinked a few time wondering what just happened. With a groan I grabbed my jacket, I take it off before sleeping, and my gloves before putting them on. Once I was satisfied with that I used a shortcut to get to the hall of Nightmare's office. I saw Cross and Horror with Dust and they all looked a bit panicked. I have no idea what they could've possibly done.

Cross noticed me approaching first.

"Oh good you're here."

"What did you do?"

"WE didn't do anything. Just... go look for yourself."

I was confused but gently pushed open the door to the office. I noticed nothing odd beside an odd smell in the air. At a table was an open book and a beaker that was empty and tipped over along with some powder. I don't know what I was looking for so I kept going to the main desk. Papers and notes but nothing that seemed important.

Then I heard it.

A shuffling sound under the desk.

Did an animal get in? 

I walked around to the other side and knelt down to look under. I don't know what I expected but it wasn't this. Huddled in the farthest corner was a skeleton. But not just any skeleton.

They were really small and wore a purple royal outfit. The only thing missing was their crown but I knew either Nightmare hid it or Dream has it.

They looked up and large purple eyes locked onto my mismatched ones. For a moment it was quiet until I stood up and walked back to the door. When I opened it I saw the other three standing there looking at me expectantly. 

"Well?"

"If the issue is the tiny purple skeleton then yes, I see it." 

"How did they get in?" Cross asked making me confused for a bit.

"Boss is going to be pissed. Horror couldn't catch them and we can't damage the boss's office," Dust said pulling at his hoodie.

Oh.

OH.

They don't know that's actually Nightmare.

"Don't panic, I'll get them and deal with it. You guys better make sure he isn't on his way over."

I saw the three go stiff before they headed down the hall in search of their boss. I sighed not sure what to do before feeling a tug on my pants. Looking back I saw purple Nightmare looking up at me with his big eyes. He looked around Sciencetale Papyrus's age which gave me an idea.

"Where am I?" I heard him ask and I really hated how I have a weakness for cute things. 

"Your in a castle."