112 - Below the Surface

Author's note: *drinking coffee looking at the comments.* Welp... hope this is acceptable.

In the days leading up to it we decides to inform the others that we would be going to check something, being a bit vague about what we were going to do. Gradient wanted to come along but I said no since I had zero idea where we were even going. No amount of begging could change my mind. 

On the day of I opened a portal to the Doodle-Sphere and Nightmare looked around.

"I'm not sure what I was expecting... all of these are aus."

"Basically, yes. Oh, there's Dream," I said seeing the bright skeleton waving at us.

"Hey! Glad you made it. Ink told me about what he found. Telling you now, I couldn't really get a read on it."

"Really?" I asked and I received a nod in response. Ink joined up and lead us to the weird paper. Nightmare couldn't get anything from it either. Eventually further action was required.

I gave a sigh and approached the odd au. With a quick swipe the same screen opened up. I saw that question pop up again before I selected 'yes' and stepped back. The paper glowed before it shifted like a doorway and opened up a portal. The four of us looked unsure of how to proceed. 

"So... I guess we just go in," Ink said before running forward just avoiding Dream's attempt to grab him.

"Ink wait!" Dream said as Ink jumped in. Dream groaned before charging forward himself. 

"Dream!" I called out but he was gone. Nightmare groaned but walked forward.

"Come on, let's follow my brother and the idiot." Nightmare strolled through instead of running. I eyed the portal wearily still not over what has already happened. But I couldn't just leave them in there. I stucked in a breath and walked through the portal feeling weird the moment I went through. 

I felt a chill go through me and felt the sensation one receives from falling before everything went dark. When my eyelights opened again I was very disoriented. I couldn't tell up from down immediately, I felt cold all over, and my movements felt a bit restricted... or like there was resistance. The area around me was dark, but I could see pretty clearly that I was in a cave. 

I moved to stand up but found myself pressed up against the ceiling of the cave. I wasn't that tall, so this shouldn't be possible. 

"What the hell is going on?!" I said noticing my voice sounded odd. Not different, just odd. There was light filtering through the mouth of the cave and I moved towards it only to find myself moving to the sandy floors fast. I moved my hands to catch myself. 

Something was wrong.

When I hit the sand it puffed up like a small cloud instead moving like sand would on a beach. My boney hands had webbing between my fingers that weren't there before. Five small fish swam by my face. More sand clouds kicked up behind me and I turned seeing a large dark scaled tail. 

None of this was normal. 

In a panic I tried to sit up, I couldn't really do that the way I wanted to moving out of the cave as I pushed myself. I failed my arms a bit before feel two tendrils grab my arms. 

"Error relax, you can't move when you panic." A familiar voiced rumbled behind me.

"Nightmare?" I tried to turn my body to face him but he held me still.

"I'm not letting you go until you relax. You are underwater, you need to calm down."

Slowly but surely my heart rate went down and I could think clearly.