21 - Tiny pt.2

We all settled down in the kitchen and Cross let Moon out of his blanket wrap.

"Do you want some tea kid?" Sci asked causing the small sans to shy up and shake his head no.

"Alright, you two?"

"Yes please"

"Sure."

Sci started to make the beverages and the room built up an awkward silence. It was a bit tense. This was entirely new for Cross and Moon so I should've expected this to happen. Sci seemed to notice and waited til he put the mugs down before talking.

"Paps why don't you and...?"

"Moon."

"-Moon go up to your room and play?"

"Ok Sans! Come on new friend let's play!"

Moon looked to me asking for permission in a nonverbal way. I just nodded towards Paps.

"Go on. We'll be right here."

"Ok." He slipped past us and let Papyrus grab his hand before they ran off most likely going upstairs. Once we heard a door close Cross decided to speak up.

"Ok Error what's going on? I don't know you well but you seem way too calm about this random kid appearing. Unless you're trying to hide something from the boss." He narrowed his eyes in suspension and that just kinda annoyed me for some reason.

"Drink your tea first."

"Why? What did you do to it?"

"Seriously, does that look like to type of guy to poison you?" I said gesturing to Sci. Cross looked over at Sci, who was a bit embarrassed that the attention suddenly went to him, and sighed before grabbing the mug.

I took a sip and gestured for Sci to grab something that was on the counter. Once Cross started to drink I spoke.

"That kid is Nightmare."

Cue the spit take and furious coughing. Luckily it didn't make much of a mess and Sci handed Cross the wash cloth I gestured to.

"Why didn't you just say that?" He said in between coughs while cleaning up.

"Do you think Nightmare would want you guys to know? He doesn't seem like the type to share information about himself."

"....ok fair enough."

"And now I know why you came to me for help," Sci said seeing what was going on.

"Do you think you can?"

"I can certainly try but I need to know how he got changed in the first place."

With that said I stood up and put the bag on the table before taking out stuff.

"This is what I found in the area he was in." I pushed over the beaker and powder pouch to him bit held onto the book and started flipping pages until I saw the one it was opened on. It could've changed while he changed but it's all I got. I pushed it also to Sci.

"I have other things too but these three were to most obvious."

"Alright, give me a moment." Sci took the objects and headed upstairs.

Now that Cross wasn't in the process of dieing he enjoyed his tea rather quickly before bringing his attention to me.

"What now? Do we just wait?"

"Yes. But be on guard. If Dream or someone else shows up and knows us their going to think something is up."

"If Dream sees his brother he might try to take him, I see." Cross mulled over his thoughts for a bit before standing up and heading for the snowy outside.